Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Winter Camping?!


This is crazy, but a couple of weeks ago we decided to go camping - up the mountain - up the cold, snowy and icy mountain! I did a shift at the hospital that morning and when I got home, Kyle had everything packed up in the truck and ready to head out! This whole time I'm thinking, "why did I agree to this?" And I can see the newspaper headlines, 'Backcountry snowmobiler finds young couple frozen in tent. No one knows how long the bodies have been there.' But being the trusting and supporting wife that I am, I put on a smile and go with my brave husband. We ended up having to dig a few feet into the snow to even have a place to set up our tent! Soon enough, though, we had a nice little kitchen arear dug out and everything set up for the night. Kyle cooked an awesome dutch oven dinner and then we went to bed (as soon as the sun went down, it got frigid cold). Luckily, my dad and Neil had just gotten back from the klondike and still had the bedding that they took set out, so we took their stuff and slept nice and warm along with our river rocks that we threw in the fire to get hot. We had to wrap them in old towels because they were so hot! I slept like a baby that night! I don't think I've ever slept so well camping! We ended up having a blast - and we're home safe and sound (and warm) to prove it!!! I will never doubt my fearless husband again he's brilliant and always up for an adventure!

1 comment:

Bluebird & Company said...

You guys are pretty brave!! Snow camping...hhmm...don't know if I am that brave. It looks like you had fun though!