Sunday, January 25, 2009

the recipies

Here's how to make the cookie dough truffles...

1/2 C butter (soft)
3/4 C brown sugar
cream these together then add
2 c flour (I ended up putting a little bit more in to make the dough more of a cookie dough consistency)
1 can sweet & condensed milk (14 oz)
1 tsp vanilla
mix together then stir in
1/2 C mini chocolate chips
1/2 C walnuts

I then rolled into small balls and put in freezer for a couple of hours before dipping them in dipping chocolate and putting on wax paper

So easy and so yummy!

The Black Beans...

16 oz black beas (I put about a cup of black beans in a bowl of warm water to soak for 3 hours. Then I put in the crockpot on high for about 3 more hours)
1 small onion chopped
1 clove garlic chopped
1 tbs cilantro
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
salt to taste

Combine beans, onion and garlic in a pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to med-low. Season with cliantro, cayenne and salt. Simmer for 5 mins and EAT!

I ended up putting chopped fresh tomatoes, avacados and corn in, too. Both ways are marvelous, though!

2 comments:

Lauri said...

Anna, your blog is so great. Love the hair (both you and Kyle), all the pics and recipes and stories and tributes etc. Your apron is darling on you - you're such the gal! Love, Your #1 Fan

Shane and Michelle said...

Anna, I love the family picture. Your hair looks adorable in curls! The recipe looks delicious. Kyle is a hunk!! and what a great wife you are. You are soo beautiful~inside and out.