Just to a different part of town. Something has come up with where we are now, and we can't stay.
Can you believe it though? after 1 year and 4 months of marriage, we are moving for the fifth time. SIGH. This is why was have no furniture. Who wants to move that stuff around so frequently? NOT US.
Saturday is the big day. If anyone wants to come to good ol' Cedar City, it'll be a smashin' party.
We HATE to pay rent. If we knew how long we'd be here (or when move #6 will occur), we'd be paying a mortage - not BUYING A DEAD HORSE. Thanks Mom Curtis for the so eloquently said analogy.
Kyle likes to collect things. He makes us keep things like wedding annoncements and christmas cards. Everytime we move he gets rid of a little more - with no prying from me! I so do not keep stuff like that. I just recently tossed Mike & Maridee, and Spencer Harman's wedding announcemnets. (sorry if this upsets anyone that I do this. I took a picture to remember them all). But GOOD JOB KYLE. WOOT WOOT!
It's always an adventure to see what Kyle will find when he gets into one of his de-junking moods.' For instance, today, while packing up the kitchen Kyle comes in a says, "Wanna go light some rocket fuel on FIRE?" My Mr. keeps rocket fuel around! He says that 'there's lots of it where I come from.' True, true. Only REAL MEN keep rocket fuel handy. It was a GREAT FIREWORK SHOW!
Later on I'm finishing up a paper for school and I hear what sounds like a gunshot. It came from OUR ROOM. I say, "Kyle, did you just shoot a gun in the HOUSE?" And my man replies, "Nooooo..." [long pause] "Sort of." All is well. No injuries, no holes in the wall or broken mirrors.
Our new place is soooo hippie. It'll be fun. And the very best feature is the WOOD BURNING STOVE. And the bright orange counter tops. We are actually really happy about this place!
But Reggie will miss Yellow Dog. They are best friends. Yellow Dog is the neighbors dog - and he's Yellow. He's AKA Houdini as he as gotten Reggie off of his cable a number of times, and we don't know how.
The Mr. and I will miss our ward, the beautiful view, and being nestled so close to the mountain we don't even feel the sun till 10 am.
Well, my Rocket Man just got home from playing basketball with his boys. I shall go tend to the Mr. and see if he needs a good rub-a-dub down.
Wish us luck with our new 'dead horse.' :)
7 comments:
I hear you on the buying a dead horse thing. We've been doing it for 6 years. It is so inconvenient, but one day it will all work out. We wish you the best with moving. We love you all and miss you.
Wow, moving again huh, that doesn't sound like fun! I've been trying to talk John into moving to Cedar City, i don't like it here, and i love cedar soo... i don't think he's buying it though. Is rent pretty expensive where your going? Call me sometime k?
The rocket fuel...and the gun...I'm still laughing! I'm not even sure why you guys moved to Cedar City. Maybe I missed that in an earlier post. (I tell ya, being a mom really does kill your brain cells.) I can't believe how much you guys have moved!! We've been married 3 years 2 months and only moved twice. And hope to only ever do it once more. I HATE moving. So best of luck to you! :)
Man I can't keep track of either you or Kristalee. You both keep moving, in circles it seems! Good luck though.
Isn't is SO fun to move all the time! We seem to do it alot too! WE miss you guys!:) And kyle is crazy!
Oh my gosh I miss hanging out with Kyle. Him and Casen used to do the craziest things. I may have already told you this, but once they killed a rabbit, cooked it, and told us it was chicken. GROSS!
Post a Comment