Sometimes, especially lately, I feel like I need a book on how to be a mom. I need to be taught how to deal with a toddler in his terrible two’s (who’s not even 2 yet, mind you). I need to learn when it’s appropriate to discipline and when it’s ok to let it slide. I need to know how to discipline. I just need more guidance than my inexperience in motherhood can offer.
But today has not been one of those days. I have sipped and savored every moment with Casen today. He’s been perfect. He has giggled, puttered, jabbered and chuckled his way through the day. And I just can’t help but drop everything and bask in it. Praise the heavens for these days. For we all know tomorrow will be a different story!
4 comments:
I swear by the book, "Beyond Timeout" by Beth Grosshans. She doesn't discount all the "love your child" books out there, but she explains that there's a balance between loving and disciplining, and that they are in fact the same thing on many levels. I have a lot to say about the book, but when I applied her way of thinking, I was in motherhood bliss for weeks! But, then I kind of fell off keeping up with the habits, (bah!) but Michael and I got along great!
that is rough- Thomas has been getting his one year molars and it seems the tricks up my sleeve just aren't working like they used to! But then moments or days like the one you just described make it all okay and remind me that he really is SUCH a good little baby! Good luck with figuring it all out!
What a cute picture! I'm glad you have that moment captured forever! You are a great mom! Most of this motherhood thing is trial and error and doing what works for your child; remember he is testing the waters and seeing where your limits are so whatever discipline you decide, just keep it consistent and he'll know who's boss. You're doing so well! you've made it this far-you can do it! you're awesome!
Anna,
It must be a phase that all kids go through, at least I hope so, because Houston is the same. Sometimes I think, "What happened to my little man?" Most of the time he is good, but he purposefully does things to be naughty. Hopefully they will grow out of it soon. Good luck!
Post a Comment