THOUGHTS:
We’re so excited! Casen looks excited and all but in all reality he has no idea what’s going on, what we’re talking about when we ask him about baby brother/sister, or how his world is gonna be rocked here in a few months!
Pregnancy the second time around has been 1,000 times better than the first! Well, so far. I guess I still have time to break a leg or something to make the playing field with both pregnancies even. Keeping my fingers crossed this will be a fracture-free ride into March, though!
We were pretty surprised to find out we were expecting again, but have since learned to embrace it.
March 6th is Kyle’s birthday. Pretty neato, yeah? We will be having the baby end of Feb though because of a repeat c-section. Sometimes I tell people I’m due in Feb cause it sounds better.
FEELING:
Pretty yucky till about 15 weeks, but NOTHING like the yuck I had with Casen. For that I am so grateful!
I’m just 2 days shy of 18 weeks and I felt the baby move for the first time 3 days ago.
Overwhelmed still at the thought of having 2 kiddos of my own.
PAIN! Yesterday at 3am I was awakened out of a dead sleep by searing pains in my ride side. They have since subsided a bit and I have since chatted and seen my doc. We came to 2 conclusions: appendicitis or scar/ligament spasms from the c-section. The latter is most likely what it is since I’m not showing many other classic signs of appendicitis. But man alive do I HURT! I’m being treated for append. with antibiotics and trying to control pain with Motrin.
CRAVING:
Nothing really now, but at first I just couldn’t get enough pickles or cold cereal or milk. No joke. I was buying 4 gallons of milk for my family weekly. That’s when I discovered Maverik always has milk ‘on sale’ 2 gal. for $5. They know me as ‘the milk lady’ there!
Oh also, speaking of cravings, once, early on in the pregnancy, Kyle and I went on a date down to Blanding to Utah’s #3 rated Drive-In, the Patio. I ordered the usual boring HB and fries. Man alive I could not eat enough of their homemade fry sauce! It was honestly taking every ounce of energy in me to resist drinking it right out of the cup! Typing this now, I am almost dry heaving thinking about how ridiculously disgusting that is. Hormones will do weird things… We recently went back to Patio and while the fry sauce was still amazing, I didn’t feel the urge to lap it up like before. Maybe that’s cause I was accompanied by other Troopers and that would’ve been totally inappropriate and would have made his crew put a permanent stamp on Kyle labeling him the man-with-the gross-ravenous-fry sauce-lapping-wife. And that would be no bueno.
WONDERING:
Why baby pokes out so much at night, making my baby bump look like I’m farther along than I really am and then why in the morning, baby is hiding and I don’t look pregnant at all? I don’t remember that with Case…
If we’re having a boy or girl? I’ve had 4 ultrasounds so far (the perks of your Doc being a coworker!) and each time there has been no definite answer to the gender – which makes the Doc say it’s probably a girl!
My artistic mom sketched this out on my chalkboard a while back and I couldn’t resist adding ‘mummy baby’ to the family.
4 comments:
I buy 4 gallons of a milk a week too. Sometimes 5. Yep...we love our milk around here too. :)
COngratulations! I am so happy and excited for you guys!
Congrats on baby #2! I can't even imagine how overwhelming it feels but you are a super woman and you'll handle it just fine!! I hope that the rest of the pregnancy goes well for you!
Had a nice visit with Carolee when we were in Utah for Adam's homecoming and she told me you are pregnant! How exciting. Congratulations! Your baby #1 is a handsome little guy! Can't wait to see what baby #2 looks like. :)
I'm so excited for you guys! And it's fun for me to know that you're at pretty much the same stage as me. :)
I've had the same thing with the disappearing baby bump.
Post a Comment