Friday, February 15, 2013

Get Healthy Campaign Take 2

Recovery was going pretty swimmingly since the “break my back” episode. I felt very encouraged and anxious to have some one on one playtime with my mom who’d graciously decided to come down on Sunday to help for the week since Kyle was going to be out of town.

The world turned upside down Monday morning when I woke up with a fever and horrible body aches. After exchanging a few texts with my doc, we decided to meet up at the ER. Psh. Lame-o. So back to the hospital we traipse. Turns out it was good I went in. Last week all tests came back negative. This time around was different. Seemed everything we tested for came back positive. Pulmonary edema, kidney infection, yeast infection and C-Diff were the conclusive diagnoses. Yuck.

Two more days in the hospital, a bajillion trips to the bathroom, 8 liters of potassium chloride infused fluid, and lots of aggressive doses of antibiotics then ensued. The infections put my body into stress, leaving me one night with several hours of breathing through intense contractions in between trips to the potty while my body started to get rid of the C-Diff. Ug it was rough.

So, now I’ve been home for a day. I’m feeling pretty ok! Good health is such a blessing. Friends and family have been more than awesome to stop by with food (even while I was in the hospital!), entertain Casen, phone, stop by the hospital and the house and text and FB words of encouragement. My life is filled with people THAT ROCK!

My mom, especially has been a lifesaver these past couple weeks. She has done laundry, dishes, other housework, made sure Casen is clean and full and entertained, and that my fridge is stocked with things that we need. She even offered to take Casen back to Manti with her for a few days so I could concentrate on getting better! How awesome is she?!

So on this “Get Healthy” campaign I’m on, here’s to better luck the second time around. Gotta be in tip top shape and infection free for when this baby comes in a week and a half! AAAAA!

During this recovery process I’ve spent a lot of time at my “Station", that is the recliner in the corner of the front room next to the warm wood stove. I spend a lot of effort trying to convince Casen he wants to come sit next to me and sometimes it works! Especially if I’m eating chocolate no bake cookies straight from the pot. That’s always a great way to win a boys heart.

IMG_5237IMG_5248

1 comment:

Shane and Michelle said...

Great pictures! Ohh my goodness. Sigh..what an ordeal Anna. The things we go through to bring children into the world, right? I will be praying that you stay well and have a quick and easy delivery.