This week was a busy one for us. I'm done with my clinical hours now so it's back in the classroom - i'd much rather be at the hospital though! Monday, April 1st was shaken up a little bit by a call from kyle telling me that he had cut the top of his finger off with a saw at work, and didn't know whether to go to the hospital or not. i was starting to freak out a little bit when he reminded me that it was april fool's day! he is such a jokester and really had me going - i believed him. that night we went the maple canyon for FHE and on the way home got a flat tire. everyone we called for help helped a lot by referring us to someone else that could help. :) it made for a long night. my uncle and his boys ended up rescuing us and Ace (that's the name of our truck) is up and running again! thank goodness for our awesome family who is always willing to serve! i think our lesson was on gratitude and humility that night! :) we also reached a milestone in our marriage - we spent the first night apart since we've been married. kyle went down to cedar city to go rock climbing with his friends (that's what the picture is of), and i had to go up to layton for a state nursing conference/competition. i competed in two events- health education and nutrition. and i took 1st in both my events which means i qualify to go on to the national competition in dallas this june! don't be too impressed though because i think i was the only one competing in those events on the collegiate level. kyle and i were happily reunited on friday night! saturday was spent down in salina watching kelvin, kyle's youngest bro, at the track meet. he did awesome! those curtis boys are sure fast and athletic! i also got a little sunkissed on my face - ok a lot. i have the funniest lines from my sunglasses and capris. anyway, it was just another week in the curtis family... i'm so grateful for that!!!
3 comments:
Congratulations and good luck at Nationals. That sounds so impressive and I am sure you did very well. I enjoy hearing about your adventures. It sound like the Curtis family has a love of fun!
Danny cut his finger at work the other day and when he was telling me about it I told him your story about Kyle's april fools joke. I should have known better because his response was, "That's a good idea! I should do that sometime!" I would totally believe it because he gets hurt at work all of the time. So I guess I'd better remember that for next year! Tell Kyle, thanks a lot for being such a "good" example. :)
sounds like fun! It was good to see you again and do some shopping! I took the ATI yesterday and passed with the same score as you :) ! it was long...anyways, i'm glad you're having fun with kyle! love ya!
Post a Comment