Monday, March 31, 2008

Dreams, Schemes & Conference Themes!


Kyle is a goof when it comes to taking pictures! Yesterday marked 4 more Sundays for us here in Manti. Since we don't have church until 1:30, we had plenty of time to get ready and we even got to bundle up and go on a nice long walk. I love when we go on walks because the conversation usually turns to our dreams and schemes for the future. We have such a fun time dreaming together! And Kyle is quite the dreamer - he's a big boy with big dreams! He is a hard worker, and we both know he'll be able to provide for our family. He is the man that has made all my dreams come true! I'm so grateful for such a motivated, hard-working and fun-loving husband.
Church seemed to center around one topic yesteray: preparing ourselves for conference. In relief society we all got to share with eachother different conference traditions, and ways that we each prepare our families and ourselves for conference. I got some great ideas that I would like to start this go-round, such as writing personal questions down and letting the Spirit come closer to you during conference to let you know the answers, praying in personal and companion prayer to let the talks touch our lives to guide and direct us, or even just getting in the truck, turning on the radio, and listening to conference while enjoying the beauties of our Earth. Another idea I liked was to write down on a 3x5 card different points and ideas from the talks to put on the fridge and discuss one for fhe until the next cenference. I like that one because it allows us to remember conference all year!

7 comments:

Drew said...

Your blogging is going great Anna! I love your conference ideas. Thanks for sharing. PS. I enjoyed your comments about Kyle too, he's a great guy. Bridget

Bluebird & Company said...

I am going to echo bridget in saying thanks for sharing--those are great conference ideas. I'm going to try some of them. I also like that picture of you and Kyle. He's seems like a really nice guy....there's something about his ears that I just love...I know we met him there in Manti, but I didn't get the chance to look too close. Next time I see you both I will have to do my analyzing...(in a villainous laugh) Ha Ha Ha...

Danielle said...

You can also join the Kennington famiy for "Conference Jeopardy" for FHE on the 2nd Sunday in April at 6:00 at Grandma's house. I am making the game. It is an open notes game on anything I think is important in all 4 sessions of Conference.
I like doing this because it makes me take notes and really pay attention to the speakers.
This year I think we are going to make it special by making pancakes and having lots or treats that we don't usually eat while we watch Conference. I think making it special with fun traditions will help us enjoy it and anticipate Conference.

Anonymous said...

Anna! I'm happy you gave me your blog address. I'll definitely read. I'll repeat what everyone else is saying on their comments: I need to prepare better for conference to get the most out of it that I can. And-you two are beautiful! I still chuckle everytime I think that he's Kris's brother. Everything was meant to be, I guess!

Karli said...

Wahoo! You've got a blog too. I love theses things! I'll be keeping in touch and reading your often. Come see mine too and you can link to Mike's from mine. His is hilarious! Love Karli (you know, your favorite cousin Karli)

Shane and Michelle said...

You are so sweet. Love your picture. you guys are lucky to have found each other! Married life is so much better then single life isn't it? Those are great ideas to help us get ready for conference. I sure look forward to general conference this year!

Anonymous said...

Cute blog! Thanks for posting it on the family website! I have one, too, now. It's http://kennington-family.blogspot.com/.
Love,
Your favorite Aunt (since Karli is claiming favorite cousin)