Wednesday, April 16, 2008

wet weekend


last weekend kyle and i spent saturday having a wonderful time with my parents and his parents who came up for the weekend. we did things like go to the temple to pick bro lindsay's mind about ideas, techniques, ect that he uses with the flowers at the temple here. kyle's mom does the flowers at the monticello temple, so it was extra fun for her! when the inlaws left, we spent the rest of the day building a new greenhouse for my mom. kyle and i came home at about 5:30 that evening to find that our WHOLE APARTMENT HAD FLOODED!!! there was about an inch of standing water all throughout... therefore, we spent the rest of the night taking out all of our stuff and moving it over to my parents, ripping up carpet, squeeging water out and setting up fans. how frusterating!!! we spent the night out at my parents and have spent every night since then slowly getting our apt put back together. so here is kyle in our highly unhomey unorganized echo-ing home! oh, and to add to the mass mayhem, our fride had pooped out on us about 2 weeks before that. 10 days of which our landlords were in hawaii. oh the fun times of renting! it has been quite the adventure for us, but you know what? i love having these kind of adventures with kyle. he's just chill and he keeps the mood light and fun when we could both really be livid about the whole thing. amid the chaos, he still makes me smile and giggle like a giddy little schoolgirl just like he did the day we met!!!

5 comments:

Olsens said...

I'm sorry!! Thats no fun!!
Anna and Jessie Boo

Katie said...

I am sorry! That just sounds horrible! I hope none of your stuff was too ruined. It will be nice when the days of renting are behind you...we are looking forward to that someday, as well!

Diana said...

Anna, you are definitely one of my greatest examples of having an upbeat and positive attitude. I hope everything turns out for the best. You two deserve it.

Shane and Michelle said...

wow you sure have been through a lot here the last couple weeks. I'm so glad that you guys are able to handle it with such ease, you are such a lovely couple!! Tell Carolee hi for me. Infact the next time you see her give her a big hug for me. I love that woman!!

robinly said...

The first week we were in this place, we flooded not only OUR apartment but the two apartments below us as well...yeah, that's a fun way to meet the neighbors "Hey sorry, we are the ones that did this to you..." We had the huge fans in our home for a week or two. And PS: I still take credit in my mind for ya'll meeting. ;) You people are cute and I love you.