Sunday, May 25, 2008

New Car, New Job, New Proch...







well here we are in our thrid week in cello. things are going great. i started my job as the unit clerk at the nurses station up at the hospital. i'll do that till i get my LPN license in a couple of weeks here. i'm enjoying it so far and everyone has been so nice to me!



a couple of weeks ago, kyle and i bought a car! we LOVE having it - especially the number of miles we can go on one single tank! it's proved that it's a good car - the other night we were driving home from moab late. all the sudden kyle slammed on the brakes (they work really well!) as a huge BEAR had run right in front of us!!! i swear it was as big as our car... kyle didn't skip a beat; he flipped a U right on the highway and turned around to catch another glimpse of the bear. whew! close call - even though our little honda civic has guts, i think that bear would have done a number on it! i'll have to post a picture of the car later, we don't have any good ones yet...



and the new porch... my mother in law has been dreaming about this for a long time and now it's finally happening! it's been the big project for the memorial weekend. cody and kari came down (kari surprised us all by driving from vegas all the way here - just to surprise cody!) the boys have been working hard all weekend - even in the miserable weather (it's done everything from rain, snow, sleet, and sun). yesterday afternoon kari and i ventured out to help. it's been fun to see the transformation. and we all can't wait till it's done!






Kari and I just doing what we do!



My Honey being so brave - just doing what he does best!

6 comments:

Elise said...

A bear!? I bet that was crazy, good to hear whats going on! Love you guys!

Anna said...

At least that bear was faster than the deer I nailed going home from your wedding...wild animals are hard on cars (okay, and we're pretty hard on them too, I suppose). Those near-misses always leave my heart racing for the next twenty minutes. Glad you missed him!

Olsens said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!!
I miss You Guys!!
Anna Olsen

Katie said...

After I graduated from high school I went on a 3 week tour of Europe with a school group. It was a dream come true for me...I love traveling! Anyway, the last week of the trip was in Greece and 3 days of that was a cruise! On one of the islands we stopped at I found those paintings. Anyway...I clicked on my blog from your blog and I think your link is just missing a letter. I think it says "bogspot" instead of "blogspot." Check it out and see what you think. If you add in the "l" it'll probably work again. :) Can't wait to see you guys soon!

kEnZiE b said...

That's crazy, I can't believe you guys almost hit a bear!! I still need your email so I can send you an invite to my blog.. send it to kenzieblank@hotmail.com.

Shane and Michelle said...

I am so excited for Carolee, I know she has been wanting to do this for some time. Please post pics of the final! I am not sure when we will be in Monticello again! Looks like everyone is working hard over there and keeping busy. Congrats on your new job at the hospital!