Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Redd Family Reunion

We had the Redd family reunion up at Timpview Lodge (up Provo Canyon, just about Sundance). We had such an awesome time up there and it was so fun to see everyone that isn't from Monticello that we usually don't see. It was fun to see those from Monticello, too! :) It was a special reunion because all of the grandkids were there (minus Kedric) and it was also grandma and grandpa's 60th wedding anniversary! I can't even fathom what it will be like when Kyle and I are old and senile and going to our children's family reunions and thinking "all of these crazy people are here all because we fell in love!" How cool will that be?! There were so many activities to do - hiking to the waterfalls, the Newly wed game, pool, ping pong, line dancing, a pinata for the kids, a special tribute to the dads on Father's Day, and tons of good food and laughs. One thing that really hit me that weekend was how incredible my sister-in-laws are! I love you both Kris and Tonya!!! I'm so blessed to have such strong and stalwart sisters to look up to. Thanks!

On our hike to the wateralls, Kyle and Cody ventured out into the freezing cold water and were brave enough to run underneath the falls! The picture really dosen't do the power of the water justice. It was a BIG waterfall, and both Kyle and Cody got pretty beat up by the pelting water.


This was the Newly Wed/Nearly Wed game. lOne of Kyles cousins is 'nearly wed' so that's why it was called that. Three other couples besides us and Mike & Maridee were in the game. First, the guys left the room while the girls were asked questions. We had the write the answers down on notebooks. Then the guys came back in and were asked the same questions and they had the answer them out loud and we had to show the answers that we wrote down; then vice versa. Each answer that was answered the same by the wife and husband got points for it. Kyle and I tied for 2nd with the 'nearly wed' couple, who've been dating for four years, so I thought we did pretty good, especially since we ahd known eachother for less time than any of the other couples!

The happy Curtis family - minus Kedric. And the soon to be Curtis family addition is somewhere under the black shirt - no, not Kyle's black shirt, Kristalees! :)



Whitney did Marah's hair on Sunday morning. Didn't she do an awesome job? I think this picture is priceless!!!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Sounds great. What a fun family. I had to check the color of your shirt. oh well

Anonymous said...

why thank you anna! I didn't do anything to deserve that comment but thanks! You are the best!:)

Diana said...

We had a family reunion at that lodge too! Good times. It is very pretty up there. I'm glad you had fun. I'm still blown away that you and Kris are related.

Roxy said...

that picture of marah just kills me. i just put one up just like it on my blog, but i think i like this one better.

Haggle said...

hahahah

Marah!!

I am stealing this picture if thats ok!