Ok, so I failed to recognize two of the most amazing men in my life for some pretty spectacular achievements recently. First, my dad rocks! He was called to be Bishop over the Snow College 8th ward and I know that he is just the man for the job. Kyle & I were able to go to his first meeting as Bishop Olsen and see him sustained and set apart. It was an awesome experience and I know that those kids are going to love my dad and mom and the twins and their lives are going to be enriched by having the influence of them. My dad has always been my greatest example of service and love for others, so I believe that the Lord knew just what He was doing when He called my dad to this position. I'm so proud of you, Daddy!
Also, the day before Dad got put in as the Bishop, we all traveled to Orem to watch Kyle wrestle in the UVU Open. Even though this was a wrestling tournament open to anybody who wanted to participate, Kyle was the only wrestler in his weight that didn't wrestle on a collegiate team. There were teams from California, Colorado, Texas, Oklahoma and some others. Kyle amazed me with his strength and skill. For wrestling college level opponents he did fantastic. Wrestling is a great sport. It is raw. It is brutal. It is man to man and survival of the fittest. Kyle had two matches and held his own so well. He came out strong, got the firs take-down, scored first, and almost got a pin a couple of times. I was screaming my guts out for my man and I just felt like shouting out to everyone that he was my husband and I was so proud of him! Good job, Babe! You can do anything, you can conquer the WORLD!
Casen, being the greatest wrestler for UVU was the CHAMPION in the tournament! We all knew he'd take it. :)

Unfortunately I have 0 pics of any of the events. But here's some old pics, just so the post doesn't look so boring. My camera sat in my purse all weekend. Silly me. That happens way too often.
No comments:
Post a Comment