So for starters, I got a job with IHC in St. George! I'm excited about it, and even more excited that we'll be getting a steady income! It involves 3 nights a week doing pediatric home health care, which will include a lot of nursing skills that I don't have very much experience in, but I'm excited to learn. We're really blessed to have gotten this job.
Secondly, I went in to Wal-Mart a couple weeks ago for something totally unrelated, and saw $1.50 fabric that I just could not pass up! I fell in love with this stuff, got a yard of it, a zipper and some black ribbon and stayed up all night making this...
I'm really happy with how it turned out. These pics were taken after church, so the skirt's a bit wrinkled.
This is my favorite feature - the ribbon trim.
Then we went to St. George a couple weeks ago. The DI is always a store on our list, and is where I found this treasure. It is a gorgeous watercolor of one of the streets in Copenhagen, Denmark. It's called Nyhaagn (pronounced Ny-Houn. like 'hound' w/o the 'd'). The frame and matte were awful colors, so that needed a little touch up. I'm still not diggin' the white frame. Anybody have any ideas? Well, now this is like my prized posession - I LOVE DENMARK and I LOVE this painting.
So there you go - a $5 skirt, $3 piece of art, and a new job with IHC. Life doesn't get much better! Toodles.
9 comments:
I am so impressed that you made that skirt! It's so cute! Love it...and the painting!
LOVE IT! The skirt, the art, and the job. Love it all!!!
Congrats on the new job! That's awesome; and you get to work in sunny St. George, I am jelous. Cute skirt too- very impressive!
me too! I like the skirt too! Good job....
I love the DI. I miss that a lot about living in UT. We have a few thrift stores here, but they just don't compare.
Cute skirt! I love it! And Yeah for getting a job!:)
Hi Anna,
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I would love to see a picture of your stars and stripes quilt. Sorry you're having problems with blogger too, but I'm glad I'm not the only one. I thought it was me the whole time.
~Karen~
I'm excited for your new job! You'll be awesome and don't worry about the skills, you'll catch on quickly and wonder why you were ever worried about it! Congrats!
I LOVE the skirt! I want one! I wish I knew how to sew :(
Anna, Wish we were closer to do fun things together. I love your blog and am especially happy to see you so happy, you're almost like little sister #3 to me. Tell Kyle to keep being so good to you.
Post a Comment