Monday, March 2, 2009

My BIG little Brother


This is my little brother. He is much bigger than me and has been for like 4 years. And guess what? Today is his BIRTHDAY! This is pretty cool because very few people share a birthday with Cousin Philip & Dr. Suess. Here's some important facts about Neil:


~ He is going on a mission to Porto Allegre Brazil and leaves THIS JUNE! Everyone who's anyone knows that he is going to be a super duper missionary.


~ He is an awesome dancer


~ He is a cowboy gentelman and can ride a horse like it's no ones business. He can get thrown off a horse in fantastic style as well!

~ He is a ladies man and treats girls so coridally and politely.

~ He is a hard worker and isn't a-scared of doing dirty jobs. Example: When we were all home a couple of weeks ago for Neil to open up his call, I saw that one of my mom's chickens lay lifeless in the backyard. Not wanting Reggie to get to it, I asked Neil if he could do the honors of disposing of the body. He gladly did it.

~ He also has a sense of humor. In the above story, Neil came in the house after the burial and announced that rigor mortis has set in the hen, making it hard to bury her - especially since only a shallow grave could be dug in the frozen ground. He was tempted to leave the legs sticking straight out as a joke. However funny it may have been, the dogs still would have gotten to the body. So that along with wanting to keep that hens dignity, he somehow manipulated her frozen body into the small hole.

~ He can tickle those ivory keys with precise precision! (you would too if that's what you were studying at BYU under the direction of the most sought after piano instructor in the state!)

~ He can blend up a mean orange julius and bake the most divine chocolate chip cookies.

~ He's always been the peacemaker in our home and has the most wonderful testimony that he freely shares whatever chance he gets.

I love this kid - who is pretty much a man now. Here's to you, NEIL. YOU ROCK!!!
and i love you.

7 comments:

Lauri said...

He is all those things - and more. Thanks for sharing. You can't be a great little brother without a great, big sister which you are.

Karli said...

Yay for awesome little brothers! I think this would make a perfect personal add for when he returns from the mission! :)

Unknown said...

I totally agree with Karli's comment. Neil has had a great role model in how to treat women- your Dad. Neil will be a great hard working, hard praying missionary. WE LOVE NEIL!!! (and Anna too : >)

Anonymous said...

I completely agree! Neil really is all of those things, plus more! He really is such a neat kid, I love him! Ya Neil!!!

Anna said...

I would love for my boys to grow up to be like him. Happy Birthday Neil!

Shane and Michelle said...

what a fantastic brother you have! Sounds like he is well balanced musical, helpful, and bakes but is all man at the same time!! A rarity these days...

Jana Jensen said...

I would love for 4 Jensen boys to turn out like Neil. Plus mother is always right, you can't be a great man without great sisters, I know, I have 6 pretty great brothers too:)