Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Twinner Time, a Titus Tragedy and Father's Day Fling

WARNING: I have a feeling this is goign to be a long post...

A couple weekends ago the twins came down a spent a few days with us. We had such a great time. There was a lot of this:


They did really good in church for going to a married ward where the oldest child is probably like 2. They got antsy during Sunday School and when the closing prayer was said, Mark announced to all of those around us, "Finally, church is over!" Everybody chuckled because he said what the rest of us were probably thinking. Needless to say, Big Kyle took them home for the last hour of church.


On Friday our good friends Evan & Chellese came to Manti with us. We camped out at Gunnison Res and braved all the grasshoppers. After setting up camp we went into town and had pageant dinners. This is where the wards in Manti make a Sanpete BBQ turkey dinner complete with mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, rolls and cake. Personally I have had enough pageant dinners to last me a lifetime, and would have much rather gone to Fred's to eat, but I aim to please, so we went to the church to eat. It ended up being ok, though because the old Home Ward was on duty to serve that night, and Elder L. Tom Perry was there. Then we walked around all the festivities and ran into tons of people from high school, Monticello and even old friends from when I lived in Florida! And as always the pageant was wonderful.

We got rained on that night while camping. The next morning we packed up early and retreated to my parents to finish cooking breakfast. I'm so sad it never crossed my mind to take pics of camping or pageant.

Later that afternoon the rain stopped and we decided to go on a horse ride. It was beautiful and the horses behaved decently for Evan and Chellese. This is where the 'tragedy' part from the title comes in... On our way home, as we were about to cross the highway back to the Olsen house, Titus ran ahead and WHAM! Just like that got nailed by a passing car. I thought for sure he was dead.

Kyle heroically jumped off his horse and ran into the highway to rescue the broken dog. As soon as I got the other horses arcoss the highway safely, I could see that Titus's leg was obviously broken. There was a lot of blood too. He was concious now. We comforted the best we could and all the sudden Dad Olsen was there! I have no idea how he knew to come right then. He took both the dogs home in his truck. It was a sad and long ride back down the lane to the house. I just started crying and crying I felt so bad about what had happened and I knew Titus was in bad shape so I thought we'd have to put him down. Back on the homefront, Dad Olsen switched roles and quickly became Dr. Olsen. He told me to give Titus lots of Benadryl and Ibuprofen and as soon as that kicked in we would cast his leg. In the meantime I tried to control the bleeding that was coming from his eye, nose and mouth. Dr. Olsen reduced the break and him and Kyle worked together to splint and wrap it with a PVC pipe cut down longways.



Almost good as new.



I've kept him doped up with pain killers since then.



Reggie was concerned.

Later that night after Titus was sleeping we went over to Dale & Kaite's for dinner and a really fun evening with amazing food, cheesecake, Wii Fit and finally guitar hero.



Then the Father's Day FLing started on Sunday. Mom has been gone all week. She is playing up in Canada with her sisters! So after church Kyle and I treated Dad Olsen and Grandpa to gourmet hamburgers with all the manly trimmings (serisouly the BEST most DE.LISH. EVER), with corn on the cob, fresh pineapple, homemade oreos with icecream and of course, DAD's rootbeer. It was great to relax and have amazing food with such fun company. As always, Grandpa and Kyle get going at it telling stories and having the rest of us laughing our heads off. The Father's Day Fling was topped off that night by going to Rich & Bridget's for Jaiden's setting apart as an Elder. It was such a neat thing to be there to see. Jaiden will be getting his mission call soon! Then we had to come back to real life.

Titus is still super sore and Reggie can't understand why he can't play with Titus anymore. It is such a pitiful and helpless thing to watch Titus cope with his injuries. But he is on the road to recovery!

On a side note, I started working on the floor this week at the hospital in St. George. I'm on the pediatric floor, but training on other floors like mom & baby, the NICU and the OR since the peds floor also does Women's surgeries. So far so good! have a great week everyone that made it this far down the post!

11 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow, what an eventful weekend! Glad things are looking up for Titus! I can't believe Jaiden was set apart as an Elder already-that's awesome.

Rebecca said...

Plenty of things going on. Glad Titus is doing okay. It was great to see you and Kyle on Sunday.

Angie and Kyle said...

Busy girl! I'm glad your puppy got all doctored up and I hope he gets better quickly. Congrats on the new job in St. George!

Cameron and BreAnn said...

Poor dog! Good luck with recovering! Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend! Homemade oreo cookies are my favorite!

Heather and Parley said...

Poor dog! Hope he gets feeling better. sounds like an eventful weekend!

Anonymous said...

OHHHh Poor Dog :(, I am so impressed on how the they took care of him, and put him back together. You two look cute with twins, yup, I think you two should have twins :) That is so awesome about your license. Hope all is well with you both. Take care, can't wait to meet you girl.
Hetal

Lauri said...

Great post Anna. BEST LINE: 'Regi was concerned'! That hit my funny bone particularly hard! And thanks for giving my favorite husband and his father a wonderful Father's Day. You are the GAL!

Kobe Family said...

What pitiful pictures of the pup! Glad to hear he's doing better. Stick with the NICU. I'm finding that if you want to get a masters degree later on you'll want that critical care experience. I've got to work on mine now! Have fun!

Beagleys said...

Oh i didn't know you got a job there! Do you love it so far? Do you work nights or days or what? I take boards on Tuesday and i'm getting a little nervous!!! ANy advice?

Curtis Crew said...

I miss him. I want to come home. thank you for being so great.

Brea Eskelsen said...

Wow, what a busy weekend. I am glad Titus is ok! That wrestling picture is awesome! Amber said she ran into you at the pagent!