Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Sick Day

Yesterday I called in to work sick. It was for real, though. Kyle also took a sick day. It was rainy, and staying home just sounded so dang good. Plus, I didn't want to drive all the way to St. George for work, then get sent home for being sick. We take the sniffles pretty seriously on the Pediatrics floor. Any sign of them, and you are outta there.

It was a wonderful day, despite both of us feeling crappy. Here's a little mental image for ya'll: "K babe, blow hard..." Then the other one of us obediently blew into the Kleenex so graciously being held by the other's free will. It was quite romantic, really. We make a great team, don't you think?

That was yesterday. Today we are feeling great. Both returned to work and met up at the gym per our usual routine after work.
Life is going good.

Last Friday morning i got off work about 6 am. I did nights last week. Around 7 am I pulled into the driveway, furiously packed my weekend bag, squished all our stuff into my car - including two excited dogs. It's like they knew we were going to 'Cello for the weekend. I premedicated Titus with Benadryl. That always make traveling easier with him.

By 9 we were on the freeway. I was zonked. I don't even remember pulling out of the driveway. A short 2 hours later at 11 I awoke to us in the middle of Salina canyon. I turn around to check on the dogs. They are both snoozing in the back seat (that you Benadryl!). They are cuddled up so cute and snug. I reach for the camera to capture the precious moment.... And no camera.

So no pictures of the marvelous weekend. I'm still bummed about it.

I would say it was a productive trip, though. BBQ's, the 24th celebrations (including the fireworks that put LA's firework show to SHAME), seeing lots and lots of friends, meeting people that the wonderful world of blogging brought us together (HI Andrea! So glad we finally met face to face. Feel like I've known you forever), hiking, playing with the kiddos, driving around the farm (Kyle always has to check up on his wheat when we go down), and so forth.

I wish that everyone in the world could experience a 24th celebration in Monticello.

I will leave with a photo in honor of Reggie. He is 1 year old this month

10 comments:

Lauri said...

Sometimes it's fun to imagine instead of have all the pictures there for you anyway. Happy BD to that handsome lil' pouch.

BALLS said...

i am sorry you guys have been sick, but at least it was together. i hate staying home sick by myself. and its good that you felt better so you could have a great weekend with family and friends. happy birthday little pouchy pouch!

Cameron and BreAnn said...

Sounds like a fun weekend together...even if you were sick. It's always great to spend time with family. And taking a trip with dogs...I've never done that one before...is it difficult?

Bluebird & Company said...

my mom and i were driving through monticello on the 24th. looked like they were having a big hoorah at the park. i even said to my mom, "hmm, i wonder if anna and kyle are here visiting?" that's funny, you really were!

KatieElizabeth said...

Anna- I read your blog all the time. I hope you dog is all better.(and I guess you and Kyle too.)

Mary said...

Hey Anna!
We need to get together for another meal sometime...

Chelsey Hansen said...

sounds fun anna! Happy 24th (late)
I never thought about giving a dog benedryl...good idea! I'm glad you're feeling better.

Olsens said...

my mom says that my rash is like the rash jaiden gets at lake Powell but that's the only place he gets it

Hadley Family said...

I would love to go to Monticello with you sometime!!! I also would love to come up and see your redecorated house. One of these days, we are gonna have to take a trip to the Flea Markets in Vegas together!!! Thanks for so immediately being my friend, I really need that down here :)

Hadley Family said...

BTW, realize the pic is my kids, this is Teri :)