Redd Reunion 2009
This is where it all began...
This is the result...
The Redd reunion was in Monticello at the dude ranch. Many of our activities were based around the fact that we are proud to be Redd's! For example -
The incREDDible race
A sample of the participating pinewood derby cars. We had a round of 'anything goes,' where Kyle won 'The Most Combustible' award. Yes, there were several cars that involved explosives.
We had a spontaneous game of Redd Rover.
Kyle and I were in charge of the pinata for the kids. This is where we were all thankful we didn't have the chance to show just how Redd we bleed. Literally. Give a kid a stick, blindfold them and let them swing at some cardboard, paper mache and tissue paper, and you are giving yourself the opportunity to bleed red. There were many close calls!
We had an incReddible volleyball game, testimony meeting, food, big screen TV to watch the BYU game (cause some of us really bleed blue), game of Werewolf, and lots of 4-wheeler rides.
I really think that I have the greatest inlaws.
Now don't let the concerned look on Nixon's face fool you...
When it came time for Kyle and I to leave, Nixon wanted to come. After explaining that there was no room in the truck and he'd have to ride in the back with Reggie he happily and anxiously agreed. So he climbed right on in. We waited for him to change his mind. He just buried himself in the corner and snuggled up to Reggie. He was ready for the 5 1/2 hour trip. We shut the door. We wait for the change of mind. Dad and sister and Grandma and aunt Kristalee wave goodbye. He waves back. We start the truck. No protesting. We drive off. I can hear Nixon in the back yelling, "Bye Dad! Bye Mialee, bye Grandma!" This 2 year old is scared of nothing! We drive around the block. I ask Nixon if he's doing ok. He hasn't a care in the world. Except he's getting hungry. Soon he decides he wants to go back to Grandma's house to eat. We go back to Grandma's and let him out. The adults laugh and laugh and laugh. As we drive away for real this time Nixon gets the most confused look on his face, like "what?! I thought I was going with you!" Maybe someday, Nixon. Maybe someday.
The end.
PS, does anyone have any idea why Picasa won't let me post more than 4 photos? There were so many other pics I wanted to post, but it didn't allow it. I am seriously having techical difficulties posting pics tonight. Why is the one of all of us so small? RRRRRRRR. I am so not technical.



1 comment:
That looks and sounds like lots of fun. We are almost to the point that we should start some Olsen family reunions that are more than just dinner and visiting.
You could do the pinata.
Post a Comment