Before
A nip & a tuck here
A stitch and some more padding there
And shazam!
A new place to sit our bums for many a yummy meal to come.
All 4 chairs are different fabrics. I really like the variety of them. Plus, it's easy when you have company over to avoid any confusion of who will sit where... "you sit in the blue chair, you in the striped, you in the Danish one (that is the blue and white one, it reminds me of Denmark), and you in the blue striped." See how easy that is?
Even though I haven't blogged in forever, it does not mean I have been lacking in productivity. It's quite the contrary, actually.
Just a short summary of what we've been doing -
72 hour kits are completed. Even Reggie has one! I am sad that he refused for a photo to show it off. Also, rearanged and deep cleaned the kitchen, entertained visitors the past 2 weekends which included several rides up the mountain, harvesting the garden, scalp treatments and manicures, shopping, food storage organized, Aida at the Tuachan and a new goldfish. If you look closely, she is in the background of the last photo. Her name is Amneris, after the princess in Aida. Can I just say that that production at the Tuachan is unbelieveable?! I was so wrapped up in it the whole time I didn't even notice the cockroaches scurrying around our feet (had I been aware of them, it would've made the evening miserable. They are so creepy). There were camels, horses, chariots and the most amazing actors and actresses. The music and dancing was stellar. If you ever get a change to see a production of Aida, you should take advantage of it.
In other news, I'm sure everyone in Utah has noticed the change of seasons. Fall is in full swing. I love and look forward to every change of the seasons; this one being my favorite. I love living in Utah, and that is one of the biggest reasons why. When I lived in Florida there was only one season - and it was wet season year round. The bright sunflowers that have adorned the vase in my kitchen window during the summer have been replaced by the bright reds and oranges of the maple leaves. We've enjoyed many walks in the evening time, and sometimes have to wear jackets. I am trying to slow down and take it all in. Fall never lasts long enough, don't you think? That is your challenge for the week, take time to enjoy the smells, sights and the festive atmosphere of autumn. It will be gone before we know it!

1 comment:
Anna you are so creative! I love to read your posts! Thanks for coming over to our blogs and visiting :) (Emma loved that she got a comment). Have you figured out Windows Live Writer yet? Do you have a lap top and are your working the end of next week? I think I charge up there on Wed and Fri and we could work on it together. I so want to feature your chairs next Friday on the blog if you will let me! Call me, my number is posted by the charge nurse computer @ work (use the cell, it is the only way to get me :)
Post a Comment