Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy Columbus Day folks! Did you have the day off? I think everyone should’ve had the day off – I mean the man found the New World! 10,000 points to anyone who knows what movie that is from.

Well, I had the day off. It was spent doing house-wifey things. Seriously so happy when I get to walk around in my apron and rubber gloves. That is an exaggeration. I only walk around in my apron. And gloves. Sometimes. I usually listen to Karli & Roxy’s playlists. I know all the songs now. You should try it, too. It makes the household tasks so much more enjoyable.

I made enchiladas for dinner. While stirring in the mixns’, some RED enchilada sauce jumped up onto my white shirt. It complimented very nicely the red pizza sauce stain from an unruly bit of sauce from my lunch just minutes before. It was the first time I’d worn that shirt. Had I been wearing my diva apron, this would not have been an issue. Let that be a lesson to us all – wear your protective gear when doing the dangerous work of a housewife.

Not to worry, though. With a little bit of Shout and Oxi-Clean, the shirt is back looking brand spankin’ new.

The other day I was at a stoplight in town, just singing along to a tune on the radio when I nonchalantly look to the person in the car next to me. He was also singing the same song on the same radio station. It was so cool and we both laughed. Then the light turned green.

 DSCN2471

MMMM. Good food for us to eat!

 

DSCN2479

Tell me that if you were a big buck that the sight of this wouldn’t just scare you silly? We’ll see if any survive the wrath of this handsome man and my dad this weekend. The freezer is cleared out and ready to be filled!

Good night ya’ll.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your new header picture! You two are such a cute couple. Though I believe you make him look good. LOL I love your updates. They are so much fun to read. I hope all is well with you. Can't wait to meet you, even though it seems like we have known each other forever.

XOXO
Hetal

Diana said...

HAHAHAHAHA that stoplight story was hilarious!
I didn't have the day off. but that's okay. I don't know the movie.

and, i'm impressed you got the red stains out.

Heather and Parley said...

You are so cute! Love the update and love the new picture of you guys at the top.

Kobe Family said...

I need to send Derek with your men some day for a little huntin'! Can you believe he's never been? Love your halloween decor above! Cute!