Monday, March 21, 2011

Whole Wide World

First of all, listen to this song. I've listened to it like a bazillion times over the weekend. It's totally what I feel like today. And Mindy Gledhill has an awesome voice and I can listen to it all day. And I do.

Aaaand... the ice castles in this music video are so cool! We visited them in Midway a couple of weeks ago with my cousin and our BFFs from our ward. If you live in the area, go see them next winter. It is magical. And cold.

Aaaand... the red haired runner reminds me of one of my favorite nurses from Primaries. Only she didn't have braces.



See? Don't you feel like a better person listening to this?

I feel like a better person when I'm home. I mean HOME home, like Manti home. There's just nothing like rollin' into town. Even though today is an extremely blustery day, (I just looked out the window and saw one of the neighboring farmer's gigantic tarps fly off his haystack. It looked like a monstrous snake and I just keep envisioning the plastic blowing onto the highway, swallowing up the little cars). And even though the wind has stirred up that rotten turkey manure stench (the kind that stings the nostrils and burns the eyes. Blech), I am sooo happy to be here.

The Casemister had a checkup to day and he is rockin the charts and doing every little thing 7 month olds should be! So proud!

He has recovered sooo well. I am amazed at how tough this kiddo is. Like really, if any of us would've had our noggins cut open, skull exposed and bones rearranged, we'd still be whinin' and boobin' about it.

Speaking of cutting open heads and rearranging things in there... today my mom was like, 'Really? You put that picture of your son on your blog?!' Yeah, you know the one she's talking about. And I realize now, especially from a lot of your comments, that it may have been incredibly shocking. I'll admit it made me queasy when I first saw it. Guess I just got used to it, ya know? But that's how he was for a while and it was lousy. And his incision does indeed span ear to ear.

But it's healing sooo well and fading fast. Aaahhh the amazing advances of medical tech we are blessed with!

We have an awesome sunroom in our house and I'm going to grow tomatoes in there. And yesterday my little seedlings sprouted and I was so excited! Mmmm garden fresh tomatoes coming our way soon.

It's been ages since I've been able to just sit down and really read blogs and comment and catch up. Another plus of being home - always someone so willing to entertain the noisemaker!

...Who BTW, is really into holding his own bottle these days. Thinks he's pretty neato burrito.

2 comments:

KMO said...

YOU are amazing!

Mary said...

Reading your blog makes me feel like a better person. :) Thank you for writing your experiences. I'm so glad Casen is doing so well! Major Kudos to you all.