Friday, April 8, 2011

A Friend in You

This post is all about friends (with a happy ending of a little glimpse of Hoogie boy)We all love ‘em and need ‘em. And in just one week, I’ve seen a plethora of them. All so fantastic in their own ways. Join me on a tour of my friends -

IMG_1949

These most lovely ladies are former co-workers from sunny St. George. In just a few short months, life has taken all of us in 3 very different directions. But our friendship cannot be deterred by miles or mountains.We will be FF’s (friends forever), I know it!

IMG_1950

-oh, HE is one of my BFF’s-

IMG_1969 

Scott & Kyle shootin’ the breeze @ a wedding reception.

So we show up to this reception last weekend. No gift in hand, no signing the book or waiting in ‘the line.’ No, we had other plans. Our friends the Hamlin’s from Portland came out to the Beehive state to attend a brother’s wedding. We don’t know the brother, but his reception was the perfect meeting place. It felt weird eating the refreshments but offering no congrats to the happy couple. Oh well.

I’ve only met Andrea (the blond one – the blond that’s not me) once before. This was the second time. But we know each other well. From our blogs. Haha isn’t it funny how the cyber world has united us?  And Nat is just a gem. I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again: you can take a girl out of the country, but you can’t take the country out of the girl… or something like that.

IMG_1971

 

IMG_1972

The master maker of a a smashin’ (no pun intended!) delicious guacamole @ our BBQ on Saturday.

Oooo I just LOVE her. Can never get ya enough of some Whitney.

IMG_1976

Pepe & Kyle, @ the grill. They BBQ’ed up some a.maz.ing carne asada. The best Mexican fiesta I’ve been to! All we needed was a pinata and some sombreros. And some tequila? Na.

IMG_1975

Casen is discovering faces. Cody has an awesome specimen for the tike to learn about eyes and chins and such on.

IMG_1978

Johnna was also a sport in allowing him to learn about noses and ears.

Casen didn’t quite fit into the whole ambience of Market Street Grill. He was loud and obnoxious and didn’t leave a very good tip. For some reason he gagged on the sautéed mushrooms he so desperately wanted to try. We had to pick up the slack and be more generous to our accommodating waitress.

IMG_1983

Dinners with T.C. & Johnna NEVER disappoint. They are 2 of the most true friends one could ask for.

And now for a quick show of Casen’s latest and greatest.

IMG_1955

Mmmm. He LOVES his carrots.

IMG_1964

But the first time feeling of grass? Not so much.

IMG_1934

Reggie demonstrates how to pose for the camera. Case of Base will learn one day.

IMG_1947

Ohhhhh. Caught Red, chubby, Handed!

IMG_1959

Sitting up like a champ these days!

Thanks for the feedback on The Shop.

Go check out the Post – General Conference Sale going on there. New prices!

Ya’ll ‘r the best ‘o friends!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Thank you again for coming! I'm still sorry that you had to wait forever for me but I'm glad you did. It was really good to see you two and the little squirt!

Diana said...

Michael hated the grass too.
I LOVE how you met up with your friends at the reception. That is So funny.

Anonymous said...

love that last pic. dane has those same jammies :)

Anonymous said...

I really liked this blog post! It looks like you guys have just been having a blast!:) Casen is just getting cuter and cuter. :)

Curtis Crew said...

LOVE IT!!! Party hardy with Kyle, Anna, and Case' are the best! Love you guys!