That should be the theme of our summer this year. It’s been Go-Go-Go and we have done about a bazillion things! Most of the time I document it with the camera, but other times, I’d rather just be caught up in the moment and not worry about snapping photos. As I’m looking back through the month of photos I’ve uploaded, I’m actually surprised at all that I haven’t caught through my lens. Just a memory in my mind now, I guess.
If I could tack on another ‘theme’ for this summer, it’d be “the great outdoors.” We always seem to be going up the mountain, discovering a new trail, dipping in the lake or picnicking. And have you seen my backyard?! Well, not to brag or anything, but it’s pretty incredible – not that I can take any credit for it. But it is full of mature trees, gorgeous flowers and thriving shrubs. It’s shady and beautiful and we are always back there reading books, playing in the dirt and eating rocks and dog food (Casen does that, not me). We often dine al fresco as well. Oooo I just LOVE it!
And Casen loves his bug eyes…
…And four-wheeler rides.
So a couple weeks ago we took a trip to Yellowstone & Jackson. We invited my grandparents along for the ride. Lucky for Casen, Grandpa was always willing to share his food.
I think my Finnish grandma is soooo pretty, don’t you?
We got a new truck a little over a month ago. Kyle loves it. Well, I do too, but Kyle especially. This trip was her maiden voyage. Even in the Middle-of-Nowhere-Idaho, she proved worthy. We went off the beaten path, took a ‘back road,’ and wondered if we’d EVER see civilization again. Two hours after driving down the dusty road, I couldn’t hold it anymore. I had to find a bush. This adventure was one of the highlights of the trip, though. It was the most beautiful drive. It’s nice to take the road less traveled, sometimes.
Our little cabin in West Yellowstone was so quaint. And guess what? It was BYOB (bring your own bedding) and we were unprepared. K, so between having no bedding our first night on the road, the looong dirt road drive adventure and a crazy microburst that hit us while picnicking in Rigby, blowing dandelion seeds literally into our nostrils, at this point I really thought the grandparentals were going to call it quits. But look! The next morning, Grandma is all smiles!
It rained. And rained. And rained.
The Bar J Wrangler Chuckwagon in Jackson Hole was another highlight!
Casen was more than happy to munch on the bones from my sparerib dinner.
Can’t leave Jackson without a little bit ‘o shopping!
While looking at the huge waterfalls, Grandpa stared in awe over the edge and he said,
“I never thought I’d get to see this again in this lifetime. What a treat this is!”
If that didn’t make the whole trip, unexpected adventures and all, worth it, I don’t know what did!
3 comments:
That sounds like such a wonderful trip! And I'm glad you took Grandma and Grandpa- that's neat. You were less than 2 hours away you sillies! One day you'll have to turn right at the I-15 exit instead of left! :)
I woke up this morning thinking, I messed up on my directions! You'd have to turn left towards Salmon instead of right towards Rexburg!
SOoo FuN! you guys know how to party that's for sure. Glad no bears got you:)lol
Post a Comment