Saturday, July 30, 2011

He’s a BOY!

So a couple nights ago I get a call from my dad. At that time of night, it could have meant only one thing. I needed to take a trip down to Manti – and QUICK!

DSCN0257DSCN0258

And playing in the raspberry patch was not the reason for such a short lived trip.

DSCN0259DSCN0260

On a side note, the grasshoppers were in full force. EWWW! How I LOATHE those things. Oh, and don’t mind the irrigation boots with the everyday garb. Just making a fashion statement here. They were sure necessary for changing sprinkler pipe this morning. But man were they an awful trap for grasshoppers. Had my FEET not been inside those boots, it may have been effective. But eck! I shudder just thinking about the beasts touching my body. So back to the boots… Sheesh! You’d think I would catch a break from chores when coming home. I mean haven’t I changed enough pipe to last a LIFETIME?! I’ve put in my time. When I moved out I thought "never again." Isn’t that what twin boys are for?! Really guys, I had such a hard childhood having to change pipe and all.

No but for reals. I had an awesome childhood. I didn’t have to change them too often and found myself actually enjoying it this morning! HA! Who’da thunk I’d ever say that?

DSCN0261DSCN0262

So back to the whole reason of the surprise trip…

See I have this horse named Polly. She is gorgeous, tall, unfriendly to men, and has just recently become a MAMA!

DSCN0263DSCN0264

In a sense, we’ve had similar pregnancies. Remember my unfortunate leg injury?

A month ago I got another call from my dad. He was taking her to the vet. It was the 4th of July. No one knows what happened but it wasn’t good. The photo does not do it justice, but she has a LARGE laceration down her front leg. It gives me the willies to look at, but it’s healing well, fortunately.

So. You wanna know why the last minute trip was made? Look at this first picture. Down in the left hand corner? Any guesses?

DSCN0265DSCN0266

Here he is! The twins call him Hidalgo. He is the sweetest little thing. I am in LOOOVE!

DSCN0268DSCN0269

I have kissed, pet, patted, cooed, admired, groomed and absolutely mugged on this little guy all day. He has captured my heart. I even brushed him down real good. Then he went and laid in the mud. I might be mad if he wasn’t just so darn CUTE! Casen laughed and laughed at him. I think he’s captured all our hearts.

DSCN0270DSCN0271

5 comments:

Andrea said...

What a cute little thing! And when I say little thing I mean the horse, the baby, and you! You don't look like you've given birth at all my dear!

Lauri said...

Similar pregnancies! - I hadn't made the connection, but there you have it.
It was so fun to have you and Casen come on the fly!

Kelly said...

You are a country girl! It was good to see you guys! Good luck with all your upcoming adventures:)

Diana said...

I love farm-girl-Anna stories. I love the baby horse (those things are pretty big for being babies)

And grasshoppers in boots definitely sounds eeky to me too.

Anonymous said...

What an adorable horse! love the name! Thanks for sharing such wonderful pictures!