Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A 1 year old named Casen

I have a one year old. Does that blow anyone else’s mind? I am ecstatic/surprised at how much I’ve loved being a mommy. I’m almost hesitant to admit it (because I don’t want people to be like “oh, she sure thinks a lot of herself!”), but the transition to motherhood has been smooth and simple – like this is totally what I’m meant to do in life! And it is, of course true. Don’t think I’m tooting my own horn or anything - I have had many many humbling moments (sometimes weeks!). Anyhow, this post is not about me.

It’s about my 1 year old.

He was not shy of diggin’ in. He likes him some chocolate cake!

IMG_3083IMG_3084IMG_3085IMG_3091IMG_3092IMG_3093

New toys and books from favorite grandparents and other relatives

IMG_3098IMG_3100IMG_3105IMG_3106IMG_3110IMG_3115IMG_3111

Remember my new bday tradition of doing a homemade Mad Libs from my journal?

Well, here’s an excerpt of Casen’s. Thanks to all the creative Olsen’s who contributed to making the story so silly! I knew I could count on you all.

The autumn season was a bald and reflexive one, so we spent most of our time at the Sea of Tranquility. And that was fine because you were busy learning to do things like sniffing, jumping and swatting. It was at this time that we discovered you had tooth decay. One of the things that make you most unique from others is that to correct it, it required an eon at the While House followed by time in the sewers. You took it like a bicep and while it was no gallop in the jam for any of us, we had one of the best zookeepers and the most skilled anthropologists in the world. They, with the help of many guns, guided you right along to a nice slimy recovery. But, sadly, in the process, your purple arms were replaced by an ugly light saber and a scar spanning your intestines to pupils. Luckily, it has grown out nicely and we’ve even had to run it twice since then. Now you have the blackest teeth. Sparkly monkeys from Yellowstone often go out of their way to comment on it. Then once they have a good look at you, they always mention your stinky toe as well. You get those from your Aunt Kristen.

Such nonsense! And we apologize, Kristen. I believe Abby is responsible for that one…

Casen is my little buddy. Everything from his long blond eyelashes down to his cankles is too cute for words. I mean look at his adorable deltoids. How could you not want to just eat them up?

Casen is his daddy’s pride and joy. Those two are trouble together – always lurking around corners, jumping out to scare me. Kyle is teaching him the finer points of pushing mom’s buttons.

OOOO I just LOVE HIM!

6 comments:

Bluebird & Company said...

cute kiddo! love the madlib!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for first birthdays! :) Oh and I can't believe you won't let his steering wheel mom gave him make noise....hee hee! :-)

Diana said...

I don't think you are "tootin' your horn" in anyway. I think that's awesome that you have such enthusiasm over motherhood.

Now onto laundry soap:
Most recipes I have found are the same, except one is in liquid form and the other in powder. Personally, I hated it when I did the liquid form. The batch made way too much for me to find spaces to store and I just didn't like it. Did I feel like my clothes still got cleaned? Yah. But, with any homemade detergent a lot of people suggest using OxiClean as a cleansing booster as well. I haven't, but I'm not as paranoid over my clothes fading as others.

The powder detergent is simple, and much easier to store. Here's a link:http://athriftymom.com/2011/09/homemade-laundry-soap/

Anonymous said...

one? already? holy cow. that went FAST! he is a doll! happy birthday to casen!

Katie said...

How is he one already!? What a CUTE one-year-old...looks like he had a great celebration!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CASEN! It's hard to believe a whole year has gone by! That's so great you feel the transition to motherhood was so easy and that's what you're meant to do! I feel the exact way-that I'm meant to be a mother-and by baby isn't even born yet! you're awesome! love ya!