I supposed it’s time to spill the beans…
We’ve accepted a transfer and will be leaving Heber the end of this month!
It’s been a tough decision to see if this move is going to be a right fit for us, but when you get an answer, you just can’t deny it, right?
Way back in February Kyle got the first of many calls inviting him to take the open Trooper spot in Section 13. At first he turned them down, explaining how we were so happy and excited to make our life here, but it didn’t take too long before it started to feel that it was a move we needed to make. I cried for 3 days. But have since come to peace with it. Kyle, however, has been on Cloud 9 ever since the day UHP sent him the acceptance of transfer letter! Does that give you a clue as to where we are going?
Here’s another clue… I got Casen a new football helmet beanie for football season. It’s orange! Like bright, bold and exciting orange. Like Bucakroo orange. Like Monticello Buckaroo orange!
Kyle already has big dreams for Casen and the future kiddos of our Curtis clan and their upbringing in their daddy’s hometown.
Kyle has also accepted the head Jr. High wrestling coach position as well.
Kyle will also continue to fly with UHP on Search & Rescue missions, marijuana irrads, etc.
I already feel like I need to keep reminding him that he’ll need to remember that he has a family, too!
But all jokes aside, although it is going to be so hard to leave our UHP family, our ward and my coworkers, we are really excited about this ‘probably permanent’ change.
And now the cat’s out of the bag. And now I feel much better. Something about announcing it to the blogging world makes it seem more real. And now that I’ve done it, I’m starting to feel the pressure of packing – again. I guess if I feel the same way tomorrow, ya’ll know what I’ll be doing! Feel free to call and cheer me on. Packing up all of one’s possessions is quite daunting!
And now, so as to make it more worth your time reading this post, here’s some darling eye candy!
This is the stage he’s going through right now: unloading.
Unload the dishwasher, unload the cupboards, unload the DVD shelves, unload the bathroom cupboards and unload the fridge.
This is the stage I’m going through right now: reloading.
I never knew it could be this much fun!
12 comments:
yay! i'm happy because you'll be closer to me!
Wow! Changes again, how exciting! It really does sound like everything is falling into place just right. Good luck with the packing and preparations!
And what a cute kid. I love that after all the typing you felt like you had to leave a picture too. It's true, no matter what is ssaid, a picture is sure fun to see!
Although I don't think I could ever see myself living there now, mostly because Scott would never be able to find a job there and he calls it Montighetto, growing up in Monticello was really fun. It really is a good place to raise kids and I'm glad I grew up there. Good luck!
See you soon!!! I can't wait. Hope packing goes well. lots of love from the Moabites.
you have a way of making everything seem so wonderful and there is no doubt you are sincere about it. thanks for the reminder! there is something wonderful about every stage of life(even pregnancy) :)
Not sure how I got to your post, but it was very interesting to read what is going on in your life. Sounds like a lot of fun and excitement. Your baby is so cute. Take care. Love, other Grandma.
We wish you guys luck on the new job/town, etc. If there was a CPA/accountant job, we'd be there too!
Sounds very exciting!! I can totally see Kyle coaching wrestling. Packing is definitely no fun, but what an adventure! And knowing you are going to be settled some place is a great feeling. I'm just sad you are going to be further away. On the other hand, I have never been to Monticello....we'll just have to come explore out your way!
Sad day for us!!!! Happy for your new adventure though!
Congratulations Anna! You are officially a buckaroo! When do you move? And I totally remember the unloading stage! It's super fun!!
Hey Anna! I didn't know you had a blog!I am excited for you guys and your move! Do you need help moving or cleaning you house, ect? We live in Provo so I can at least come help pack or clean or something! Let me know!
been reading over and catching up. all i have to say is that you are amazing. i wish i could have gotten to know you better.
and hello genius on painting the kitchen aid! that is awesome.
Post a Comment