Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Monticello Week #1 - the good, the bad & the ugly

Whelp, we made it down here! Week 1 is past us, and thank goodness for that! It was a little rough, and here's why:

The Good - the inlaws are so great! We bounced around between Kyle's parents and Roxy's for dinner all week.
As of Sunday, everything has been unpacked and accounted for.
The leaves are beautiful! Or at least they were beautiful. See below.

The Bad - it snowed.
we had no silverware or utensils all week. it had been left in a drawer at the house in Heber. Plastic ware gets old fast.

The Ugly - We moved down on Saturday. Kyle left on Sunday and stayed in Heber all week for a weeklong training in SLC. A whole week without the dad of the house took its toll on all of us.
Casen woke up several times during the night and ferociously fought naptime. One night I was up with him so many times I lost count after 8.
Reggie got sprayed by a skunk. Pee Yew, yucky, stinky mess.

Week #2 has already been significantly better. It's always best when Kyle's around!

Before the snow came...





7 comments:

THE BOWMAN'S said...

Oh my heavens, you guys had quite a week! I'm glad that it's getting easier...having your love around always makes it better, doesn't it? Avie has been telling me all week that she wants to go to Anna's house...we miss you guys!

Rebecca said...

I hope you move is smooth sailing from now on. Nice to be surrounded by family.

Solved a mystery today. Figured out whose table was in my garage. Thanks.

Maridee said...

You are amazing to brave the week without Kyle, I would have been right down to Fillmore for a week :) Can't wait to come visit you guys!! Love ya

Anna said...

Wow, what a week. I hope you will get your silverware back. Yes? And poor Reggie, with his sensitive canine nose and nowhere to get away from the stench. Ewwww! Glad things are looking up this week. We got touched by snow this last week too, although it didn't stay in our yard. Miss you already!

Bluebird & Company said...

Well, I am glad you guys are here!
In fact I'm pretty sure MAtt and Aubrey are in Monticello today at the Temple.

Anonymous said...

wow, hard week! i totally understand though( when josh isn't home). one time josh was gone for like 4 days to a training in wyoming and i had got really sick, it sucked, but luckly i live right by my parents so they helped take care of me. Hope all is going well for you guys! we miss hanging out on tuesdays :( !

Anonymous said...

We moved way far away from you now we live in north dakoda. Its not only a two hour drive now more like a twenty hour drive back home. I dont think we will be driving that very often if ever. Work takes you many different places