Ahhhh this week has been so much better! Kyle didn’t have to go to work till Tuesday so we utilized him here at home. We got soooo much done with his muscles and manpower at my disposal. We picked apples, organized the garage, did a bazillion other nit-picky things, made a trip to Cortez to ‘get supplies’ as Kyle calls it. It’s our closest Wal-Mart and the fridge desperately needed stocking.
Casen loves his new backyard – complete with a swing set…
And apple and pear trees! After 6 months, we had the pleasure of dealing with cutting another tooth this week. Finally one on top! Makes apple eating much easier.
One of the first things we had to do when Kyle rolled into town was get some red dirt on the truck. What a priority, huh?
So that took us to one of Kyle’s most favorite places – the farm. Years ago, Kyle built this fire pit – I mean found and laid all the rocks and everything. He did one for his mom in her backyard, too. Now I’m patiently waiting my turn for mine.
We also went out to The Point – another one of Kyle’s favorite places on earth. As a child and teenager, he spent a lot of time there with his Grandpa and a slew of cows. The chainsaw accompanied us on our trip. Kyle used it to help with an autumn project I’ve been mulling around in my head for a while. I’ll post about it later this week.
Grandpa Curtis’ pumpkin patch is always a treat to help out at.
Oh Keziah how we miss you! The very day that Kyle went back to work, Kristalee and Keziah left for the week. Bummer. We are sooo excited to have them back home this week. I don’t know what we’re gonna do when they move to Price! Luckily, Kyle’s parents stuck around town and allowed us to crash their home every.single.evening. They are going to start getting sick of us any day now.
Roxy and I had a date to the volleyball game one night. She picked me up at 6:30 sharp and we were off. We were reliving old days and imagining those cute, thin, athletic girls as we once used to be. Reality brought us back when we started talking about how that couldn’t ever be us again because she is growing a baby right now and, well, I’m just older and slower than I used to be. Then Kyle showed up and interrupted. But that was ok. People seem to remember who I am much better when he’s around. We sure saw some good ball, though! Those girls put on a great show against rival San Juan – it was a nail biter. The Lady Bucks came out victorious though, so all went well. I ditched out on Roxy, though and went home with Kyle.
One of the highlights of the week was a surprise visit from a fellow Manti-ite! Aubrey (Bingham) Hatch and her handsome Matt visited one night. Then they went to the temple and then came back to visit some more. Aub is only a short distance away living in NM. But not for long (frowny face). I feel a trip to NM coming on. Plus, her sil, Boston, has a quilt that I am just dying to see in person!
Casen has been Mr. diarrhea pants for a couple days. I feel like our house in infiltrated with the stink.
With love, the odorous Curtis’
3 comments:
Sounds like you guys are doing great down in monticello. I will have to say it is a great place to raise a family.
I love that pic of Casen in the second to last picture, such a funny face!
uh...YA!!! you are totally welcome here ANYTIME!!!! I should give you my phone num. if you ever feel the NM urge. :) do you have my number? I'll message you on FB if you need it.
Post a Comment