We celebrated Kyle’s birthday the 6th of March. He had to work, but was able to come home for a yummy dinner (I made ribs. Did you hear that?! I made RIBS! I was super nervous that I’d ruin it but it was a success!). He had so many candles on this year – just look how it appears as if his cake is on fire! He got backpacks to use on our trip to Europe this summer.
If Casen had it his way, he’d be outside all day every day. This was my view of him from my kitchen window just days after Kyle’s bday. Naturally, I grabbed the camera.
He wriggled out of his boots and pants eventually and carried on his merry way like no big deal!
A week later we had Casen’s 1 year follow up appointment with his plastic surgeon at Primaries. Kyle’s cousin Elise and her hubby Matt were there with their tiny Sawyer girl who was just a few days old and recovering from heart surgery. We felt pretty neato that we got to be some of the first extended family to meet that little sweetums. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – Primaries is such a special place.
Casen has always loved the toys in Dr. Sidiqqi’s office.
And this is what happens when we get bored waiting for Dr. Sidiqqi.
The Doctor’s thoughts after measuring, looking, feeling and assessing? “He’s got some irregularity still doesn’t he? Well, that is to be expected since he’s still in the process of healing. If it hasn’t corrected itself by the time he goes into kindergarten, I will go back in and do some touch up work and smooth everything over with cement.” My thoughts? A: Please, please, please let Casen’s head heal and correct itself so we will have no more surgeries! And B: Cement?! I’m sure that is everyday jargon for you, but… cement? Weird.
4 comments:
I think every kid has a muddy pic like that, so cute! And Europe? That's going to be the best trip ever!
I applaud you for letting him get that muddy. I'm generally thinking too far ahead about how I don't want to clean up the mess, that I don't let him make the mess. But, sometimes boys just gotta get dirty!
LOVE the muddy pics. Children and mud are a natural combination! As for medical cement? That does just sound too weird. You've got some good lookin' men in your life! Happy birthday to Kyle.
What a cute muddy kid! So fun!
Post a Comment