Monday, April 9, 2012

“Pinch Me” Moments

Do you ever have moments where you are so content and happy? Those times when you stop and ask yourself “Is this really my life?

Sometimes when I feel this way I’ll turn to Kyle and say “pinch me!” just to make sure I’m not dreaming.

I have had probably hundreds of those moments in the past week and a half. Some of them I was fortunate enough to capture on camera, most of them came as a feeling of complete happiness and satisfaction.

 

IMG_3972

Exploring Canyonlands.

IMG_3994IMG_3998

Hiking off road arches with the Bowmans.

IMG_4001

IMG_4006

Roasting hot dogs and smores in our fireplace after being outside in the cold.

IMG_4012

Newspaper Rock.

IMG_4030IMG_4033IMG_4060IMG_4071

The Falls.

IMG_4072

This is one of those times I ask Kyle to pinch me. I can’t believe how lucky I am to live at the foot of that mountain!

IMG_4086

Kyle is so cool! He set up a presentation with the elementary last week that involved our troopers, our canine unit, a ‘bad guy’ and UHP’s helicopter. It was so darn awesome! Kyle gave Lily the royal treatment and let her sit in Pilot Luke’s seat. Her squeals of excitement were priceless!

Arches National Park

IMG_4122IMG_4132IMG_4120IMG_4126IMG_4127IMG_4133

IMG_4144

IMG_4141

That’s right, we climbed on TOP of the arch!

IMG_4147

Delicate Arch

IMG_4158IMG_4169

IMG_4180

Tenlee – I am a puddle of auntie goo when I see this!

Familia Garcia Easter picnic

IMG_4213IMG_4215

Although Johnna and my family were about the only white people there, the Garcia’s, as always, treated us just like family!

IMG_4214IMG_4216

Kyle found TWO of the coveted money eggs at the Easter egg hunt!

IMG_4217IMG_4220

Kyle and his brown brother, TC Garcia

IMG_4224

Kind cowboy stranger

IMG_4235

Nothin’ like coolin’ off in the pool and then eating Lucky Charms and watching Animal Planet in the hotel after.

IMG_4244

And this is what I get after taking umpteen pictures of Kyle with his eyes closed/halfway shut.

Oh my goodness I have a good life!

Somebody pinch me.

4 comments:

Natalie Nicole said...

Looks like you guys are making the most of all the great places to be in southern Utah! I know there are pretty places around here, I just don't know how to find them!

Katie said...

You guys have been busy! I love the pic of Casen sitting with his feet in the pool. I love me a baby in a swimming suit! :)

Diana said...

:love it. I will be using the phrase "pinch me moments" from now on!

THE BOWMAN'S said...

Thanks again for everything, we loved hanging out with you guys....kind of hard to come back to reality though :)