Since Casen had his surgery a year ago, people are constantly asking how he’s doing developmentally. I may be a little swayed, but I think he’s spot on with his milestones. Check it out…
Recently, he has taken up a silly activity I’ve come to call Fridge Feng-Shui.
Sometimes he gets the hankerin’ for a little boxing. He’s got a pretty good jab he’ll gladly show anyone. It’s even more impressive if it’s performed with only one shoe. You’d have to see it to believe it!
Since I started a new job in the O.R. at the local hospital about a month ago, Case and dad have been spending lots of time together. They are totally buddies for life now. Little man adores Big man somethin’ fierce! A good picture book can distract any kind of fit he may be throwing at the time. His current favorite right now is ‘Quick as a Cricket.’
First thing in the morning, immediately after breakfast Casen asks “Side?” That means he wants to go outside. He’s definitely happiest out of doors. So are his parents, so works out well for all of us!
See? Best buds right here.
Casen also has a silly obsession with eyes right now. If you get close enough, you just might get the experience of a cute chubby finger smack dab in your eye and an excited statement of “Eye!” I’ve seen this happen to poor Reggie numerous times. The other day at church I was pointing out the First Presidency pictures in the hall. Casen leaned right out of my arms and boink, President Eyring got the chubby finger treatment right in the pupil. It takes us twice as long to get through story time now cause on every page, he needs to point out the eyes of all the creatures in the pictures. Today we moved on to learning about ears. It’s nice to have a change.
The word ”chalk” also gets used often by little man. Anything that scribbles is chalk. My mom gave us an enormous chalkboard for Christmas and Case draws on it daily. Kyle told me he thought Casen was doodling on the chalkboard one day when Casen found Kyle to show off his (used to be black) crocs colored all chalky white. He was pretty pleased with himself.
Case folds his arms well for prayers, throws some incredible royal tantrums and is champion of high fives and fist bumps.
Don’t know if Freud or Piaget would classify Casen as developing appropriately for his age, but according to his parents, he’s spot on!
6 comments:
He's a cute little guy! Sounds like he's doing a lot of the same things Ethan is. :)
oh my gosh I love this! and it makes me want to cry too cause i miss you guys! remember that one day down in Cedar when I had just moved in, you had a broken leg and a cute pregnant belly and we went shopping? oh man. what a day. i miss it!
Love you! Hope to see you soon!
cute kiddo!
Spot on in every way! I just want to eat him up. Would that be okay?
He's such a cute kid! I love how he's such a daddy's guy! Don't worry about what the "experts" think about development! Every child develops so differently anyway; all that matters is your opinion and it's pretty spot on!
anna thats wonderful!! what a cute kid! he is growing so fast! hope you all are doing well!
Post a Comment