As I sit here and pass my days in my recliner, I have lots of time to reflect on times when I felt better, was smaller and could move about easier.
One of those times was just 3 weeks ago!
We pulled out or cowboy boots. I put on my favorite western bling shirt (at least my favorite one that fits a pregnant tummy!). Kyle dusted off his Wranglers and I ironed his favorite pearl snap shirt. MMMM I love that shirt…
We jump in the truck and make a mad dash to the big city.
George Strait’s “Cowboy Rides Away” tour was making a stop in SLC that night and we were going! I could not have been more anxious to see him in person. I’ve had a crush on and have almost idolized this man since way back when as a little girl and I discovered my love for country music. I mean who could pass up an opportunity to hear a real western gentleman who only gets better looking with age? Not me!
I pulled out all my old George Strait CD’s and we jammed to his hits all the way up. I even found some cd’s from high school when me and some friends were TA’s for Mr. Trythall. We spent a lot of time listening to old country classics, George, Chris LeDoux, Dwight Yoakam. Man we had fun…
Twice I made us listen to THIS song (which I still can’t get enough of); just because I knew it was “gonna be one of those nights.”
We got there just in time to meet up with Rob & Allie and their friends Luke & Ashley and find our seats before Martina McBride walked out on stage to open the show.
I was ecstatic! Martina was phenomenal.
Then George made his appearance. It was unreal I tell you. He crammed as many songs into his 2 hours of performing as he could. Just him and his guitar and small band. His music is incredible.
It stirred some emotions in me. There is nothing like listening to your childhood icon sing Amarillo by Morning. And you haven’t really lived until you’ve experienced a country music legend sing Cross My Heart while holding hands with your soul mate. Those lyrics just make me fall so in love with Kyle! And you can’t help but feel pride and hope for our incredible country of America when you hear Heartland. (this is not the version he sang, but this is my favorite version, George and his son George Jr).
Unforgettable. It was one of those nights.
4 comments:
How fun! I'm super jealous :) I too love George and Cross My Heart is mine and my Kyle's song...it sounds like the concert was amazing! Good luck with the upcoming delivery, can't wait to see pics of your new little one.
Awe you guys are so cute! ;) I am still so jealous... Kent and I need to start doing fun things like you guys! 😉
You look good for about to have your 2nd child. And man I hope the bed rest hasn't been to hard on you. you are a trooper with taking care of yourself along with taking care of you family. Your GREAT Anna! and Good luck you will have another addition soon to come. Your in our prayers.
I love me some George. I Cross My Heart is our song (mine and Brian's that is). We danced to it at our wedding. We need to make a road trip to Phoenix to see our Kristi friend. We can see my sister too. Love ya! XOXOXO
Post a Comment