By this time tomorrow baby girl will have made her appearance in our family. Kyle and I will be parents of two. Casen will be a real big brother. Our family will have grown by one more precious little soul. That is mind blowing to me.
I have a scheduled C-Section. Blah. I had an unplanned section with Casen and because of the remote area that we live in, no Dr’s down here will take the risk of caring for a patient wanting a VBAC. I work in surgery anyway, and we do at least one C-section a month whether it’s scheduled or emergency. We are pretty darn good at it, too. If I have to have a repeat C-section, what better place to do it than my own stomping grounds surrounded by some of my greatest friends!
Kyle has made a pretty awesome playlist to listen to while we’re all in the OR tomorrow morning. He’s got songs like “This girl is on fire,” “American girl,” (Tom Petty), and U2’s “The sweetest thing.” How great is Kyle?! We’re going to have a great time back there!
Casen talks about baby “stister” a lot. I think he can tell something big is coming though. He’s doing things he doesn’t normally do like freak out whenever Kyle is out of his sight and asking for his binky all the time.
Sometimes I worry about how we’re all gonna cope with having a new baby. But then I think of everyone else in this world who has had 2 kids and they seem to do just fine. So why would my family be any different? That’s what I tell myself day after day, that others before us have done it – we can too.
My SIL Kristalee threw me such a fun shower on Saturday. I took 2 Lortab beforehand because I didn’t want my back to be hurting like it always does in the afternoon now. I hadn’t taken any for about a week and a half now and I’ve never had any other reaction to Lortab other than I just am pain free after I take one. I’ve never felt high or nauseated or anything. Well, by the time the party started I was feeling pretty buzzed. I was nervous about opening my mouth to say anything for fear that something crazy obnoxious might come out. Then about half way through the shower I was suddenly overcome with a huge wave of nausea. I excused myself and spent like 10 mins in the bathroom throwing up! UG! But after that I felt soooo much better and then that shower turned into the BEST PARTY EVER! The food was so delicious, the company so invigorating and the colors so bright! I was totally flying high. Most memorable baby shower ever. Thanks so much to Kristalee and Carolee and Tonya for having a fun girl party for me. And I apologize I was unintentionally impaired during it.
These two photos crack me up. Casen went one day from total white haired wonder mop top to buzz boy. And he’s loving sitting in baby sister’s bouncer. I finally had to hide it out of fear that baby sister would never get the chance to use it before the seams busted from excessive weight!
At night time Casen sometimes like to teach Reggie about the finer points of farming. Reggie’s a pretty attentive student…
And there’s always time for wrestling!
I adore these boys. I still can’t wrap my mind around the fact that we’re plus one family member tomorrow! To finish up, just a few things I want to make sure I remember about this pregnancy…
Although hard to believe, I am 20 lbs LESS right now than I was when I had Casen. Mind boggling, I know.
I’ve started remembering what it was like right after I had Casen. I distinctly remember eating jello hours after and how I could FEEL that jello go down my esophagus and into to stomach, which was down in my abdomen, not up in my chest anymore. That was bizarre.
I also remember how quickly I felt relief from back pain and had zero heartburn after.
I’m really looking forward to that feeling again.
A few days ago I woke up and realized that baby girl had ‘dropped.’ I remember the day Casen dropped, too. It’s like someone breathes new life into you. It’s so nice to take a deep breath and fully expand your once squashed lungs.
I have finally finished my round of yucky antibiotics. I was on 3. No doubt I should be healthy and infection free for tomorrow! One of my antibiotics to treat the intestinal infection was a pretty serious one. It’s called Vancomycin. I didn’t even know it could be taken orally, cause I’ve only ever given it IV before. Well, unless we were willing to pay $2,000, our pharmacist told us, I’d need to get the IV vials and mix them up with fluid myself at home and then drink that liquid. Well, it was the nastiest stuff ever. I mean this was VILE, give me the whole body shudders three times a day when I’d have to take it. I have saved a vial to mix up for my doc tomorrow so he can take a shot of it himself and see what he makes his patients go through when he prescribes it.
I am feeling sooooo much better than I did even a few days ago now. Everyday has been a little better and I’m so grateful to have the end so close! The past 2 weeks have been so NOT FUN, but starting tomorrow baby girl will be here all healthy and pink and my world will be so much better!
Until next time!
5 comments:
Can't wait to see what a cute baby girl you guys have made! :) YES, you will be able to do it! I remember feeling the exact same way and telling myself the exact same thing. Everyone else survives, so somehow I will, too! You're going to do great. Good luck tomorrow!
Oh Anna I am so excited for you. It's 10:35 a.m. right now and I am wondering if you're at the hospital right this minute bringing a new life into the world. Hoping for a smooth, worry-free delivery and a peaceful, restful recovery as you get to know this beautiful girl. She's so lucky to have you and Kyle as her parents. Wish I could be there to cheer you on, but know that I am, sitting here in my kitchen. LOVE YOU!!!
I hear she's arrived! I remind myself of the very same thing each time I think to myself that 2 is hard. Lots of mothers do it and lots of mothers have them closer together (Grandma Olsen and my dad and scott are only 11 months apart, and your dad's not much older! How did she do that?!). I'm just humbled every time I think about the amazing role of motherhood and the awesome examples I have all around me. I know getting her picture up here isn't exactly your priority right now, but I hope to see one someday! Congrats!
Congratulations, that is so exciting! Can't wait to see her! :)
Post a Comment