Friday, April 12, 2013

Easter stuff 2013

Last year we started a tradition for Easter. Kyle had to work Jeep Safari in Moab and since Grand County paid for a hotel room for him, we tagged along. This year we did a repeat with the Bowman’s and Clint & Tonya’s. It didn’t disappoint!

We played. A lot.

IMG_5334

Kyle and Luke had 3 flights a day but in the meantime they’d come hang out with us wherever we were and we loved any time we could get with them. Especially Casen.

My intention was to get a photo of Mialee and Wyatt but at the last second Mia ducked behind Wyatt leaving him look as if he’s got a third ear. We laughed and laughed for a long time about how silly it looks.

IMG_5335IMG_5336IMG_5338

You can tell I accidently packed nothing but Casen’s grumpy pants. He was a grump most of the week. After throwing up in the parking lot of our hotel 3 times, it finally clicked in my head he probably had heat stroke. Then Saturday he woke up with a yucky nose and cough. All he wanted was Kyle the whole time we were there. Before ya’ll start thinking of how awful of a mom I am for letting my kid get heatstroke, just know I slathered with sunscreen and tanked him up with water all day every day we were there. Poor kiddo – I think he’ll be like me that he’s pretty susceptible to heat stroke. I need to get him a hat.

IMG_5340

The weather was in the high 70’s. The day we spent watching the jeeps at Potato Salad Hill I got my first Chaco lines of the year!

IMG_5342

The kids climbed and climbed and hiked up the canyon with Kristine and found some awesome places to play in the creek. Definitely somewhere we’ll go back to when Casen and I are up to hiking.

IMG_5348IMG_5364IMG_5360

IMG_5353

I know I’m biased, but the Curtis’ make some pretty cute kiddos!

IMG_5363IMG_5356

IMG_5354

We always laugh at how Jeep Safari brings the rednecks of America out of the woodwork. Just in our hotel parking lot I noticed jeeps with license plates from Maine, New Hampshire, Texas and California.

And this is what I mean by rednecks… We were kind of jealous of those comfy seats though!

IMG_5365

Then we heard it coming closer in the distance. We looked up and in the words of Casen, “Here comes daaaaaad!!!”

IMG_5366

They circled us twice and bystanders gave us weird looks as we yelled messages up to Luke and Kyle.

IMG_5369

This was my favorite. Tenlee is in the throes of potty training and asked about 68 times to go to the potty. Out in the desert we just drop our drawers and this was no exception. Of course, 67 of those times were false alarms. By the end of the day Tenner’s poor squishy bum was pretty pink from all the sun exposure!

IMG_5371

Ree was so happy to lay on a lap like a lizard on a warm rock in the sun and be held by Tonya all day!

IMG_5372

Not long after their flyover, Luke and Kyle joined us.

IMG_5373

IMG_5376

Casen was only mildly impressed with his private tour of the helicopter. He loves “copters” and planes and this was one factor that tipped me off he really wasn’t feeling well.

IMG_5379IMG_5380

There was weeping, waling and gnashing of teeth when Kyle took off on his final flight of the day. To say Casen was heartbroken to be left on the ground is an understatement. Thankfully he’s got cousins and friends ready to comfort!

And that blasted binky sure helps too.

IMG_5381IMG_5383

Oh how I love these kiddos! The rule of their game was ‘first come first serve to hold Auri with a 2 minute time limit.’ That was made up by the kids.

IMG_5384

So sad I don’t have a picture of all of us on Easter Sunday. At least I’ve got one of the girlie.

IMG_5388

After church we took a ride up Sandflats area and did some exploring in the Tundra. We went a little ways up the Fins N' Things trail but decided to leave Hell’s Revenge for another day when it wasn’t Easter Sunday and when we had a jeep rather than a full sized truck (although I was really impressed with how well the Tundra handled some of the trails we did!)

IMG_5392

IMG_5399

I’m pouting because I got out to take some pictures and then got left! I had to hike all the way down to the campground in my Sunday sandals that were so not conducive to walking on slickrock!

IMG_5401

Everyone was pretty hashed by the end of the week. We had so much fun!

IMG_5404

4 comments:

Katie said...

Oh my goodness, I love that little, naked baby belly in the last picture!

Natalie Nicole said...

Looks like a great weekend! Minus the grumpy moments, but overall anyway! And that bear belly at the end is indeed precious. We got some sun ourselves here the last few days, but I could still see my breath when we left this morning to go check on the cows!

THE BOWMAN'S said...

This has got to be one of my favorite traditions! thanks for making it so fun.

Our Family said...

not sure but pretty sure we saw your hubby flying that heli over fins and things trail we were on. didnt know it was maybe him till this picture!! that sucks casen was sick. sick kids are the worst cause it is so sad. and to have it happen on vacay no good! but moab is beautiful isnt it.