Monday, May 12, 2008

A New Chapter of Our Life Together

Kyle and I spent a whole week apart last week when he moved down to Monitello to start work and I stayed in Manti to take an IV certification class. Even though I really enjoyed my time with my wonderful family, it was a long and grueling week as i counted down the hours of when Kyle would be back up to get me! Friday was my IV skills pass off day. Kyle, his friend Casen, Neil, Jaiden, my mom and Bridget all volunteered their veins so that I could become IV certified. The only ones I missed on was the ladies -so sorry mom and Bridget! The boys all had such bulging veins that they were a cinch. Anyway, words cannot describe how happy I was to finally be reunited with my husband! Casen, Kyle and I stared towards Monticello that afternoon and had only one minor setback on the freeway between Salina and Green River - some of our stuff flew out of the truck. But no worries, we pulled over, the boys made things more secure, and we all took a nice jog down the freeway to gather up some pillowcases, dish rags, and stuff that got away from us. Things have been great down here! Kyle's parents say they're so happy that we're down here - Kyle 'gets things done.' For Mothers Day, him, Kelvin and his dad painted the bedroom that we are staying in (tan and rusty orange), as well as cleaned out the garage, built shelves, dejunked and organized everything. He is such a hard worker! Sunday morning we called Kedric - the bro in law in the Phillipines on a mission. It was so fun to talk to him. That's the first time I've had the experience to talk to a missionary while out in the field. Ked is such a good kid and is working his hiney off out there. Chruch was great. I already have a visiting teaching partner, she is a cute young mom, and we're going out to do our visits tomorrow. They don't mess around down here! Kyle's been working on the farm - just doing what he loves. This morning he walked out nice and clean. A few hours later he came home for lunch muddy, dusty and dirty, and all smiles. He is so irresistable like that! He's been planting alfalfa, and just lovin being back down here. And I'd have to agree. I'm not sure when I start at the hospital yet, but I'm finding lots of things in the meantime to keep me busy and happy! I have a feeling that this is going to be a great start to the new chapter of our life together!

9 comments:

Chelsey Hansen said...

Hey Anna! sounds like you're handling the change like usual- with a GREAT attitude! You're such a good example to me like that. I just love you! Anyways, post some pictures when you can. I'd love to see what your new place looks like. Are you living with his fam or do you have your own place? I'm glad you're getting settled in! Love ya!

Diana said...

Has it been 6 months yet? (Or maybe I should ask Elyse that question.) I've been seperated from Richard a couple of times, and I felt the same as you! I just counted down the hours/days before I'd see him. And speaking of time....It is really unbelievable that it's been TWO YEARS! Sometimes I wish I could go back for a visit.

Karli said...

Yay for new chapters! You guys are adorable!

Bluebird & Company said...

How long will you guys be there? Now you are only a couple hours away! Yay! Maybe me and the boys will take a drive up there sometime. (If I can pull away from the house building project.)
I have a great idea! You and Kyle should come with us to the Bar-D this summer. I hear there is a rodeo in Durango in June. There is also another rodeo here on the 17th?..I think... of this month....that would be fun too! That is, if you and Kyle like rodeoing. I am trying to figure out a way to get your mom and family down here sometime. Maybe with you guys close by, I can be more convincing....me and my evil schemes.:) We could all go to the Bar-D together! yes...I think I am on to something here....:)

Shane and Michelle said...

Oh this sounds so much like our start when we moved to Monticello. Yuu are going to love the ward! We had a little bit of a hard time finding things to do with other couples our age because there were none but there is another lovely couple that moved into the ward not too long ago. I'm sure you will find your way better then we did! My best friends ended up being Carolee, Sue A., and Becky Randall. Funny huh, we had such much fun!!!!! And you are right about Monticello 2nd ward getting on it. I'm surprised you don't already have a calling! Haha. When we come back we look forward to attending the 2nd ward because we love it so much! Glad you are reunited with your hubby. You are such a great wife! It's so refreshing to hear you talk about Kyle with such fondness!

Lauri said...

Way to go Kyle and Anna!

Lauri said...

P.S. Anna, could you tell Tonya that I'd love to be invited to her blog? Thanks!

Mason Clan said...

Thats so fun!! Congrats on the job! Sounds like you guys are doing great.. your such a cute couple.. Well keep in touch now that we are on differnt sides of the state..

Anonymous said...

I didn't even know you moved! That's crazy! Monticello huh? sounds fun! Good luck with everything? Are you guys staying down there for a while?