Sunday, July 27, 2008

...And They Lived Happily Ever After!

This weekend was Monticello's big 24th of July celebration. I worked all day, so I didn't really get to enjoy the festivities (except that I did get off later last night and got to watch the firewoks. Awesome firework show for such a small town! I actually liked it better than the Stadium of Fire...) Anyway... it just got me thinking of this same weekend a year ago... I came down to Monticello for the first time to stay with Kyle, meet the family and have fun at the town celebration. I wound up in the hospital for the whole weekend with a kidney infection! I was also very doped up on some narcotics and don't really remember much of anything. Apparently, lots of people came in to visit and meet me because they'd heard that 'Kyle's girlfriend' was in town. I remembered nobody. This was the weekend that was quite a turning point in our relationship because I realized how much Kyle cared for me. He was willing to miss the parade, 7 on 7 football and volleyball tournaments, all the games and activites at the park, and visiting with all the people that come back into town for the celebration. Kyle gave all of that up to sit all day and most of the night with a sick doped up girl. He took such good care of me and was so kind and caring. Kyle still takes such good care of me, and everytime I've been sick or injured, he's never left my side. So, there's a recap of what happened a year ago today. I would've never guessed that I'd be living down here, working at the very hospital I was a patient in, and married to the most wonderful man who takes such great care of me, and who's love I know I will always have and will always give. Thanks Kyle, I love you long time! :)





This was the day after I got out of the hospital. I was still pretty weak and not up to doing much, so Kyle took me on the most beautiful ride up the mountain. This is us on one of the highest peaks, overlooking Monticello. It's a little piece of heaven right here on earth.

7 comments:

Anna said...

Aren't full-circle things so interesting and fun! When Justin and I were dating, I asked him to a girl's choice dance that was held at the Springville Art Museum, the same place where we had first really noticed each other. We now live in a place where we used to go driving while we attended his singles ward together as an engaged couple. And we're living in the place that seemed like Outer Darkness on those midnight drives Justin would take Owen to get him to sleep as a baby. We knew it was a bad night when Justin had to drive ALL THE WAY down here!

Curtis Crew said...

That is crazy that it was a year ago, it seems not to long ago at all. You wait, you will find so much more that you love about him as the years pass especially when you have kids.

Chelsey Hansen said...

that's cool! Jeremy and I were just doing a recapp of last year at this time...not as cute as your story though! I'm glad he's taking care of you! you deserve it!

Roxy said...

i remember meeting you for the first time in the hospital. we didn't talk much, but the one thing i do remember about that day was how beautiful i thought you were even with being that sick. i also remember seeing a new and amazing side of kyle. you two are an awesome couple and we are lucky to have you guys here.

Haggle said...

Ha. I actually forgot to give it to him. Next time.
(but you probably wont go climbing if Im not there to initiate it so I think We will be ok)

Oh and I remember this...
I was like " His girlfriends in the hospital, does that mean I don't get to see kyle?"
I was worried I promise, and I am glad your alive.

You two are perfect for eachother and I wouldnt want Kyle to have anyone else!
Go you guys!

Lauri said...

I was thinking of the very things you wrote about. What a difference a year makes, huh? So happy it has turned out so happy.

Karli said...

Thanks for the comment Anna! I like my new blog layout too. I got it from: www.thecutestblogontheblock.com

They have great layouts for free. The header was free also.

If you look on the sidebar to the left of their site it says "Blog Secrets". Go there and then click on the option, "How to create your header using out header packs". They have all the instructions there.

I liked this layout that I used and they just happened to have a header that matched it. They have other free headers too that match some of their other layouts.

If you are on the same page as the instructions are on you just need to click on "Fashion your own facelifts". (This is also where you will have to download the header to your computer to be able to work with it.) I hope that helps. Good luck!