it started last wednesday for me as i drove up to vernal (6 hours from here!). long drive. my RN program is based out of there which means that i have to travel up there to do clinicals at the vernal and roosevelt hospitals. i'll be spending LOTS of time up there this semester. but this too, shall pass, right?! when i was done with that on thursday evening i drove to manti and spent the night with my family. it was way fun! some moron ran into a power pole behind my parents house, so the whole neighborhood was out of power for the nigh. mom, neil and i just sat in the living room and watched my dad bale hay outside in the field. it smelled soooo good! LOVE the country life. friday morning i met kyle in salina. kelvin is going to Snow, and moved up there that day, so kyle just hitched a ride. from there we went to cedar - where the fun began!
kyle has connections with EVERYBODY! the general manager of the Marriot in cedar is one of them. he's actually from manti, too; so more connections! anyway, kyle worked his magic and got us an AWESOME deal at the marriot. it was a beautiful room and we had a blast just kicking back and relaxing. this is kyle getting ready for the reception that he was a groomsman at. he seriously wanted to go with his hair like this! but no worries, he ended up looking VERY handsome and dashing! right before this, we had lunch with my cousin laura and her husband adam. it's going to be so fun to hang out with them more when we down there!
kyle didn't have to stand in a line or anything at the reception, which was nice, or it would've been a LONG LONG evening for me. speaking of LONG, kyle's hair is no longer long - it's quite short now. he asked if i'd cut it the other day. i was hesitant, as i always am, because i love the long hair, but he is still sooooo handsome clean cut! the reception was in evan's parent's backyard and it was just gorgeous!
the happy bride and groom chellese and evan (not newlyweds yet, though! they did what kyle and i did and had the reception the night before. such a good idea!) :)
after our wonderful and comfortable night at the marriot, us and cody went to st george for the wedding on saturday morning. i'm so excited to visit this temple often when we move to cedar! i think it's so pretty.
after the wedding luncheon we went back up to cedar where we stopped by my friend alex's work. alex was our head teacher when we went to russia and we became really good friends. we hadn't seen eachother since we parted ways at the airport in moscow 3 years ago, so it was a HAPPY reunion! we met my family in salina and had dinner together which was so fun! i just can't get enough of them when we're together! now we've been back to reality for a couple of days and we're yearning for another break like this one. but with school starting for both of us on monday, that's gonna have to wait!
8 comments:
Wait I'm confused are you guys living in Cedar or in Monticello still? Scott and I had our Monticello reception before the wedding too, it is a very good plan! My brothers and sisters wrote "Almost Married" and "No Lovin Tonight" and drew a picture of bunk beds on my car. I like that you do posts pretty often because I'm still job hunting right now and I get pretty bored during the day! Keep it up!
Why thank you anna for saying I look cute! That's rather nice of you! :)
So umm. We have the same background what a coincidence. Were more alike that I thought hahah!!!
I'm glad you had a blast, I missed you:( I was so hoping you were coming and when I was told you weren't I cried all night long into my pillow, it was soaked by morning!j/k I was sad though and the wetness on my pillow was most likely spit:) Hopefully we'll see you a little bit more when we get to Ticaboo. Miss ya, Love ya and hope your doing SUPER!!!
Great post again. It's so fun to hear about your fun.
I love your blog. Im so glad I found it. Way cute pictures, I like the cowboy boots with your dress. I took a similar one with my soccer cleats. You two keep up the fun times.
Anna, I'm so glad you found my blog and left a comment on it! You are soooo amazing. I'm glad you are happily married too! I love you!
Hey anna. This is Amber Nielson from Manti. I just found your site and love seeing how good you are doing. I hope all is well and love how these blogs keep us in touch.
Post a Comment