Saturday, October 4, 2008

Homeaking School dropout...

Well, it's been a pretty eventful week. Here's a list of all that I've acomplished (or unaccomplished - if that's a word):

-with the help of Kyle, taught Reggie to 'lay down'
-did CPR on a real live (well, almost live) person for the 1st time

-visited the family in Manti for a couple of days

-picked pinenuts with Sam & Roxy

-sewed an autumn table runner

- made bread bowls

-while making the bread bowls, the bread maker vibrated off the counter and shattered into a million pieces :( it is unfixable. :(

- burned my homeade tortilla chips (which I've done successfully many times before) to a black charcoal, ruined the pan (2nd one that's ruined in a week), and stunk up the house, including all clothes, towels, EVERYTHING that is inside the house stinks - still... :(


I think I'll just stop right there... At that point I decided to 'drop out.' Last night we had Subway, and tonight was Ramen noodles... I'm ready for this week to be over. I'll start making dinner next week. But here's someother things we've been up to...


The hard working boys... For some reason, Reggie prefers to sleep under things, like the bed. I guess Kyle is beginning to take on that habit.




Reggie is growing so big. It's not gonna be long here till he is running me instead of me taking him with me when I go. He's also learned to jump the baby gate. But he continues to be our pride and joy and he keeps us laughing hard and staying in shape!


I took lunch out to my boys on the farm the other day. We had a nice picnic. Happy family! :)

10 comments:

robinly said...

OK, so my only question is about the CPR- you did it on an almost live person? How can they be almost live? Did they die?! And if they did...sorry for being so insensitive about it...

Karli said...

So Fun! I have weeks like that too. In fact, we had subway this week and mac and cheese tonight for dinner! And I'm a little sad... I came to check out your blog template that used to be my blog template and you had changed it already! :( J/K

Andrea said...

I'm sorry about your bread maker! For our wedding someone got us a really nice black and decker blender and I dropped it on our stairs and it shattered :( I've done my fair share of breaking appliances and burning dinner, don't feel alone!
(Once I tried to make funeral potatoes but they were all stuck in one big lump, like glue instead of potatoes, and Scott still ate them! What a trooper)

Diana said...

Anna-you are so adorable. That is a crazy story about your breadmaker machine! And the Tortilla chips! What a disaster. My dad burned beans once, and our house stunk for a week of smoke. Count your blessings that there was no fire, huh? But otherwise, being a homemaking wife can be so difficult sometimes!

Diana said...

And ps, that CPR story is awesome too. I can only imagine how you felt after you succesfully did it.

Anna said...

ha ha thanks for all the support! i'm glad to hear that i'm not the only one that burns and breaks stuff... :)
ps, Di, the CPR was cool, but unsuccessful. chalk it up for another pt that's passed away uder my care... no one come down and be one of my patients! ;)

Lauri said...

You must know where you get your homemaking gliches . . . remember all my rice making disasters and how may pans went the way of all the earth because of them?

Shane and Michelle said...

hey, we must be online at the same time. I am still in awe that you peformed CPR for reals! wow, what an eventful week. Your dog Reggie is cute by the way...(been meaning to tell you that).

I tried to find where you lived so I could come say hi, but was told you no longer lived at Carolee's!

Chelsey Hansen said...

sounds fun anna. I'm sorry your breadmaker died. And I'm totally impressed with the name of your future baby. and of course I dont' mind! I like it especially how it's you two combined! I never tought of it that way! It's like my neice Teegan...her mom megan and her dad terry...
ANYWAY I'm glad you're doing well. Any chance that you're heading up to ogden soon? It's been so long since we got to play! (hang in there with school :( )

Heather and Parley said...

How are you girl? Good to see life is going good for you! You have a way more eventful life then I do :) Good job on that!