Monday, November 17, 2008

Anniversary catch up

So last week was our first anniversary. Between school, work and Kyle coaching wrestling, we had to squeeze in a little weekend getaway and decided to getaway to moab and discover Arches national park. IN one word I would sum it up as A-MAZ-ING! Did you know that there are over 2,000 arches in the park? Honestly, I thought that the only reason people went to the park was to see the Delicate Arch - you know, the one on all the license plates. Ha ha I was sure wrong! There is an arch pretty much everywhere you look - it is awesome. There are so many things to do there, too.
The night before we left though, Kyle took me to a local resteraunt. We got all done up and it was really fun!

The next morning we went to an early session at the temple, then came home, packed a picnic lunch and drove 50 mins to Arches. We started out on the trail to Delicate Arch. This is Kyle scouting out the way - he was my fearless leader!


Then wah la! We came around a corner and there was THIS!


It makes you feel so small to stand up next to it.


This is on the way to the Arch. If you look close (but not too close!) behind my butt is the Delicate Arch. We saw some other things too, but the camera ran out of juice. Kyle then took me to the best pizza place in Moab where we stuffed ourselves. Then it was home where we picked up Reggie from the neighbors (he'd been playing with their dog Ollie all day). It was the most wonderful day. The perfect way to spend our first anniversary together!

I have learned so much from Kyle since I met him. There is not a day that goes by that I don't laugh my head off because of things that he does. I think that Kyle's 'love language' is humor. He shows his love by making me laugh - and I adore that about him. But he does other things to show his love too. For example, I worked yesterday and it was - well, to put it in the words of our nurse anesthetist - a Chinese Firedrill. Between the ER being packed thanks to a constant flow of ambulances and people just walking in, 2 patients in labor, and 12 other patients on the floor (which is like overload for our small hospital anyway) we were literally running mock 90 all day. I got some awesome experience, but holy cow I was completely exhausted as I walked in the door to home. Kyle and Reggie and I went on a nice walk so I could wind down. Kyle held me hand in his coat pocket so that we could hold hands but not freeze them. When we got home from that, Kyle lead me into the kitchen, sat me down, and made hot chocolate for me just the way I like it. Later on, he rubbed my feet. Then, when he wanted to relax and watch a movie, he didn't protest when I just crashed in bed. How did he know that's exactly what I needed? It's those small and simple things that he does everyday like that that make me fall more and more in love with him. And I try to do little things like that for him, too. Because that's what makes our marriage so special and so much fun. I love you, Kyle and can't wait for the rest of eternity to be with you!

9 comments:

Angie and Kyle said...

What a fun anniversary get-a-way! You guys are too cute! :)

Chelsey Hansen said...

sound like a fun anniversary. I wish arches was 50 minutes from my house! you lucky duck! Anniversaries are the best. Congrats on a happy year anna! I'm so glad you found kyle. What a great guy.

Rebecca said...

I'm very happy for both of you. You are great.

Heather and Parley said...

That's really cute! Arches IS amazing! Glad things are going well for you guys!

Andrea said...

Anna you are so cute! That was such a nice post, Kyle is a great guy I'm glad he ended up with you!

Lauri said...

I'm so happy you're so happy.

Roxy said...

Sorry i didn't wish you a happy anniversary. sortof forgot. shoudln't be hard to remember since marah's b-day is the 11th. i'm just a big loser. i'm glad you had so much fun though.

Anonymous said...

No that IS the correct way to do it! "This is Anna Curtis's blog" :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, How are you? I love your blog! This is Hetal Patel- White, from Monticello, Utah. And my husband Brandon White from Roosevelt Utah. Went to school w/ Kyle. I must say Kyle married a gorgous girl. Try to keep him in line. I just wanted to see if you wanted to be blogger friends? Will you please show kyle my blog.Take care.
Hetal Patel-White http://patelwhiteforever.blogspot.com/