I could go on and on about the things I'm grateful for. That's really one of the things that you tend to focus on this time of year - and I am no exception! I have SO many things to be grateful for. However, this post I think is going to be about my grandparents. They just returned faithfully from an amazing mission in New Zealand where they were to work with the members who had become inactive. This past Sunday we went up to Manti to hear them report their mission. They were so blessed - they learned how to drive on the left side of the road, and they didn't freeze (apparently, New Zealand isn't that warm tropical place we all think it is!). I loved hearing their stories and their experiences of how they blessed the lives of the members in the small branches they were assigned to serve in. The gospel is amazing how it ties the whole world together. For example, when my grandpa was 19 he went to Canada on his mission. He taught and baptized a family there by the name of the Finnigans (I think). They have kept in touch since grandpa has been home. Well, one of the sons from that Canadian family was called with his wife to be President over the New Zealand, Wellington mission. Through some letters to Pres. Monson and pulling some strings, my grandparents were able to serve there while the Finnigan's were there! What an awesome tender mercy! I'm so proud of them and love them so much. It's wonderful to have them home safe and sound, with grandpa's Sanpete drawl and grandma's beautiful Finnish accent and all!
WELL DONE ELDER AND SISTER OLSEN!
1 comment:
I'm so grateful for them too! Its so neat to see how much they've grown. It makes me want to go on a mission! Cute blog by the way! :) Love ya
Post a Comment