Saturday, November 8, 2008

Fall Activities

Wow, so much going on! Elections, deer hunt, harvesting, wrestling... It's enough to keep us busy! But it keeps us out of trouble. I've been trying to post for a week or so now and have just gotten frustrated with a problem that I believed the computer was having. However, tonight Kyle showed me how it was really 'the user's' problem. My husband is so smart!

Well, the elections are over... That's all I haave to say. Here's the ever famous 'I voted' sticker - only with a classic San Juan county twist. That funny writing is 'I voted' in Navajo. Apparently the Navajo Nation accounts for over 50% of the population here...

Kyle was playing Santa the other night - this was my special delivery. I'll take him!

Kyle is coaching the Jr. High wrestling team. Here he is about to go to one of his tournaments on the weekends in his dashing 'Coach Curtis' shirt. He's loving being involved with the boys and seeing them succeed. He is also loving getting in shape - and boy am I, too! He's not the only one that's reaping the benefits! :) Kyle's boys are awesome and are doing really well. I think their galant coach may have something to do with it!

...He seriously ate up my homework! And my first reaction was to grab the camera. ;)

Kyle took Grandpa Redd on a drive out to his land where he used to run his cattle the other day. They bought root beers and really lived it up during their 'manly bonding.' I think Grandpa was so excited to be out and seeing something that was such a huge part of his life, he couldn't even stand still for a second to take a picture! Grandma & Grandpa are moving to SLC on Saturday to be closer to the care that they need right now. We will truly miss them - and they will leave a big void in Monticello. :(




Ahhh... dried cinnamon apples. yum. Those prunes in the corner of the picture - not so much yum - but I couldnt let them go to waste. Plus, you never know when you'll need a prune or two, right?


This was what the kitchen looked like just before the dehydrating process started. We were able to get a deer this fall and we butchered and wrapped it all ourselves. Now our freezer is full of roasts, steaks and backstraps. That should keep our tummies full this winter!


Happy Reggie!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

wow Anna, you have been busy. Thanks for sharing. Wrestling here starts this week at the hs but Dane has been going for several weeks (7th grade) and enjoying it. To bad you aren't closer. It would be fun to have Coach Curtis coaching here.

Andrea said...

I'm laughing at "you never know when you'll need a prune" too funny.

Anonymous said...

you are so domestic these days ~ I am so impressed!