HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas!
Since we are moving to Cedar City the day after Christmas, I thought I'd better get a jump start on things and get Christmas stuff up so we could enjoy it before having to take it all down. We all went out yesterday to the farm and picked the perfect tree. With a few quick swifts of his saw, we had a perfect pinon pine - so representative of Monticello! This decorating madness has been going on for about a week. But last night I think I wrapped it all up. Here's a little bit of what our festive abode looks like...
This is our meager attempt to encourage snow. Maybe this weekend!
A pear tree! If anyone knows where to find a partridge, let me know!
Someday when I find a big jingle bell that has the right 'jingle' to it, I'll put it on the bottom of the garland that hangs on our doorknob. It will warn of us intruders - that's what I had to tell Kyle to convince him to have a jingle bell on our door!

I must be my mother's daughter - I have a crazy fettish for pinecones! I asked Kyle twice last week if he'd take me up the mountain to get pinecones to make this wreath. Kyle is so great with my crazy requests. The second time my mother in law even came and we had a great time gathering pinecones. She understands! :) Kyle keeps knocking off pinecones, so I didn't take a pic of the whole wreath cause there's some naked spots!
This is the little turd that keeps bringing me tree decorations. It's like he's saying "Look what I found, mom!" He's pretty proud of it. So there is nothing hung on the bottom 2 feet of branches!
I made this tree skirt last year after Christmas - I love how it turned out.

I absolutely LOVE my Christmas decorations because they represent different places that I've visited. Here's a Russian turnip top church, a cute little Danish candy, a Russian doll - and yes, that's a Confederate flag. From Gettysburg. :)

This is part of my nativity scene collection. I began collecting them a few years ago while I was traveling. Due to limited space, I couldn't put them all up.
My dad's uncle Byron made this lamp. He has an amazing talent for pottery. Byron and Joan live in Zion's, so we are excited we'll be so close to them when we're in Cedar.
Over the weekend, Bridget had us all over to do wire decorations. This one is a Christmas tree card holder. I'm using it to hold postcards that I got that I loved of the winter images of Europe. This one is the oldest church in Denmark - Rocksilde. So fun!
Neighborhood gifts. Pumpkin chocolate chip bread - MMMM!!!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I am so excited to decorate for Christmas this weekend! You are so crafty...your decorations are so cute! And it sounds like your tree will look similar to ours...bare on the bottom 2 feet! :)
How cute. You're a creative woman.
Wow. So fun! Love the pinecone wreath best. No, the wire card holder, wait, maybe the nativities . . .
Cute decorations! How did you make the pinecone wreath? I love it! (this is Elise)
Cute decorations! How did you make the pinecone wreath? I love it! (this is Elise)
i made the wreath by securing the pinecones on an already existing grapevine wreath. there was some hot glue needed in some places... but i'm thinkig i need something better than that to survive the wrath of kyle's broad shoulders continuously knocking off pinecones here and there!
Way to go! Your house looks great and festive, Christmas is the best time of year!
Post a Comment