Sunday, January 11, 2009

Chapter 3

Back in Manti...

Big Kyle and Little Kyle dueling it out. Little Kyle felt the wrath of Big Kyle, but then LIttle Kyle somehow cut off Big Kyle's leg. The fun games our boys come up with!

...A preview of the beautiful place setting for my B-Day dinner of delicious taco soup - one of my faves! The next night we had Neil's piano teacher and her hubby over for Prime Rib. It was truly Heavenly.

Reggie still thinks he can sit on my lap! This pup is getting way too big to do that...

Julius, my mom's flop eared bunny is so much fun to bring into the house. He's so cuddly.

One of our afternoons in Manti was spent up the Old Dump Hill skeet shooting and sledding. Bridget and I were the only women there to vie for the 'Annie Oakley' queen crown this year. I was the defending Annie Oakley champ in the women's division from last year, but due to lack of support this year, I guess it's in remission till the next Olsen skeet shootout. :) I'm so sad there's no pics of shooting, and that this is the only sledding one. But it sure was a BLAST! The DUmp Hill is the world's best and most terrifying sledding hill. It's like maybe 3/4 mile long of sheer fun and terror all in one. Many an injury has occured on this hill, and many a welding job was taken to our runner sleds after a trip down. I don't think I'll ever grow out of this -a TRUE OLSEN TRADITION!

Handsome crew of men! Mom handmade all the ties and gave them for Christmas.

An amazing horseback ride was also enjoyed on my birthday. Kyle, my dad, Neil, Reggie and I hopped on our horses and waded through the snow up the mountain as we looked for some rocks that my dad found that he wanted to use as shelves for his fireplace. He'd found them a while before while up riding in a blizzard, he said. We found them just fine and had an awesome ride. What more could a girl want on her birthday?
Well, this concludes our wonderful New Year's and trip to Manti. It was hard to want to go back to Cedar City and know that 'real life' had to start.

3 comments:

Diana said...

Happy birthday, and cute pictures. Tell your mom good job on the ties.

Shane and Michelle said...

Those are really great ties. I would have never guessed the were handmade. Looks like you and Kyle are enjoying life to the fullest!

Lauri said...

What a great time. Let's do it again soon. Thanks for blogging so, so . . . beautifully. That's you - the Beautiful Blogger!