Here's the scene...
Which suddenly lead to the knife (pretty sure my Aunt Anna gave me the set of knives for a wedding gift), impaling itself deep into the muscle of my palm. Then I think I said something naughty. Kyle's friend Evan was first to the scene. He promptly took the dirty dishes out of the sink that I was frantically washing blood off my hand in - because who wasnts blood on dirty dishes? Then he saw the wound and went to fetch the super glue. (hey it worked on Reggie when he ripped his stitches out last week!) By this time Kyle came to my rescue. He found me crumpled on the kitchen floor cause I was thinking "I'm gonna pass out." Classic sign of shock. Then Kyle made me lay down and take some Ibuprofen. I vaugey remember saying something to the effect of 'your'e a good nurse.' Just the compliment any man wants to hear from his Damsel in Distress.
Such a small wound - such horrific and painful damage. It's already taken me like 15 mins to get this far typing.
Well dinner was botched for the night. This was plan B. Not homeade pizzas. :(
And here is my hero-man. I tried to hard not to cry because his toughness wears off a little on me. :)
I just can't help but think through the process my hard working White Blood Cells are going through. They're probably thinking 'MMM. We've never had avacado before.' Kyle finished cutting up the avacado - without washing the knife. Thus our bloody dinner saga.
9 comments:
Wow that flesh wound looks BAD!! and kinda sick, is it infected? your poor hand!!! But I do love tony's pizzas.
Ouch! That looks terrible!
That is gross Anna:), but at least it was your own blood. I hope the super glue holds, that and duct tape are supposed to be all you need to repair pretty much anything according to my dad:)I love ya!
Ouch! So sorry...that is not a happy story. It's a good thing we have husbands to save the day, huh? :) Hope it heals quickly!
Eww. Nasty cut. Does Super glue really work? Wouldn't that sting a little, and infect it? You're the nurse, tell me.
Well, I guess SOME blogs can't be all cute and pretty. This is real life stuff. Hey, Uncle Aaron says to put some cream of tartar on that. But, seriously, should I come help out for a couple of days?
cool! I always love looking at a good wound. :) just kidding. not really. It does look like it hurts though. It'll probably be very sore for a while.....It looks very similar to the way Heber's hand looked when his table saw spat a piece of wood back at him and went right through his hand. He almost fainted too.
Welcome to my life! I swear I cut myself every time I cut something. I hope your hand feels better!
That is not fun at all. I cut myself pretty good once on my pinky cutting up potatoes. Totally ruins meals when you cut yourself.....
Post a Comment