Friday, April 17, 2009

Icon of Spring

Nothing says 'Spring' like a bluebird, don't you agree? My mom loves bluebirds. I think of her when I see them. She has always said that whenever she sees one flutter by, she knows she will have a good day. You just can't help but have a good day when you spot one.

Meet our bluebird. He is out for all to see all year long, but when circumstances arise (like encouraging spring to come) he needs a little more recognition. He sat in as the star of our Easter dinner centerpiece (just a side note, our dinner consisted the wonderful company cousin Laura and hubby Adam, of our first attempt at prime rib and roasted asparagus. Can you say blissful?! It was all topped off with homemade angel food cake and strawberries, thanks to Laura's gourmet skills!) Anyway...

Now Mr. Bluebird sits perched on a shelf just above the TV, always watching us and reminding us that someday soon spring will arrive.

Don't you want one? All you have to do is marry someone from Monticello. One of the many sweet older sisters there gives everyone one of these little treasures to anyone in town who gets married. I truly enjoy entering a home in Monticello and seeing that their bluebird is displayed just as loud and proud as mine is.

So, thank you Mr. Bluebird for your presence in our home.
And for cryin' out loud - bring on SPRING!


Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Amy said...

yes, please, please, please bring on spring already!

Beagleys said...

Do you think if i paid him he could make it come faster? he he

Shane and Michelle said...

Beautiful picture. We received one of those lovely bluebirds when we got married too! :)

I won't be able to make the flight/drive to Andy's wedding but Shane is going to fly out himself (if I don't go into labor beforehand). I will sure miss everyone!!

Andrea said...

Oh my gosh I have a bluebird too! Ha ha ha ha I am dying of laughter that you did a post about it. Scott always makes fun of it and the other very random wedding presents we got from Monticello people. Including but not limited to a yarn-gingerbread house.

PS I made my blog private and actually updated it a little, but google reader doesn't show that I updated since it's private and no one is looking at my blog! Poor poor Andrea. Come read and make me feel good about myself ;)

Curtis Crew said...

Good ole' Monticello kids come with a blue bird:. Thanks for having us and for adopting Titus for the summer. love you guys:)

Anonymous said...

Ya gotta love the bluebird!

Roxy said...

i think i want to show sis. himmelberger this post. she would love to know how many people love her birds. she is definitely an inspiration to me and one of my favorite people. her story is so incredible. my bird has been in my kitchen for almost 6 years now. anyway, thanks for that post!

Cameron and BreAnn said...

That definitley has "Spring" written all over it! Yeah for warm weather!