Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Grandpa C.

Grandpa Curtis passed away the middle of November, and was buried on his 88th birthday at the Utah Veterans Memorial Park at Camp Williams with full military honors.

IMG_2777

IMG_2780

I am so proud to be part of the Curtis Clan.

In light of the Season, I want to tell a short story of Grandpa Curtis -

One holiday season, a nephew of Grandpa was not able to make it home to his family for Christmas because of a horrible snow storm. Being close by, Grandma and Grandpa Curtis had him over to their home to spend the holiday with them. He was treated just as one of the family and even had a gift from Santa under the tree on Christmas morning. It was a pair of nice binoculars. It was a pair of nice binoculars that was in the first place meant for Grandpa Curtis.

This is how all the Curtis’ are.

So, if you know any Curtis people from Salina, or see a Curtis Trucking big rig on the road, honk your horn, wave and thank them for being the kind of people that make this mean world a little nicer.

Oh, and did I mention how handsome Curtis boys are?

See for yourself below.

IMG_2776

3 comments:

Shane and Michelle said...

What a fantastic story about Grandpa Curtis. I agree that the Curtis's are some of the best (most handsome)people I know! And YES, I'll gladly claim you as one of my SIL's. It's official :)

Lauri said...

That is a great Christmas story and the guys are handsome.

Roxy said...

what incredible pictures of the funeral and those awesome boys carrying his casket. i just love seeing that flag. very touching! i barely knew him but he always treated me like one of his own grandkids and would always give me a big hug. definitely very giving!