Kyle is doing the grocery shopping now. He’s doing everything now. He unpacked us from that fateful trip to Manti. Then he did the laundry. He’s made breakfast every morning. And like good breakfasts! Like eggs and bacon or oatmeal with fruit in it. I’ve never even really made breakfast for us before. I vow to be a breakfast maker from now on. When I get back on my feet…
Kyle washes the dishes (we are some of those old school people that don’t have a dishwasher), has vacuumed the house and makes the bed! He is a bed maker – I am not. I vow to be a bed maker from now on. When I get back on my feet…
Which will not be for 6 more weeks. At first I thought this injury would only set me back a few weeks – like 2 or 3. But the orthopedic specialist I saw on Thursday helped me realize otherwise. Six weeks, he said, of no work (or play. He didn’t say that, but that’s what it translated to for me). Including 4 weeks non weight-bearing. This means the blasted crutches don’t leave my side for a whole other MONTH! I cried a lot on Thursday. Just wasn’t ready to be torn away from my work family that soon! With how are plans are shaping up, I will never ever set foot on the pediatric floor in Dixie Regional as a nurse again. But they are planning a going away party for me!
ANYWAY – so Kyle went grocery shopping yesterday. The last time I saw his list it had exactly 4 items: milk, rib eye steaks, London broil and bacon. Awesome. We will be getting our allotment of protein, I thought. However, I was so impressed when he came back with fruits and veggies and actually had some meals in mind. I think he’s such a better housewife that I ever was!
Kyle also painted my toenails yesterday. He would be upset if he knew I wrote this. But he does the littlest things that mean the whole world to me.
Next week we are supposed to be closing on a house that we are purchasing down here. We’ve been waiting to close since June 12. That is the day I broke my leg. I would’ve much rather closed on our house.
AAAAA! Just the thought of packing up my house being the cripple that I am is so daunting. Lots of people have volunteered to help. It’s not easy being on this end of service. Then in August we will pack up and move. Again. to Manti. Well, I will move to Manti and Kyle will move to Salt Lake for the Police Academy. This will be a sad day. Kyle will stay in Manti with me and the Olsen fam on the weekends, though. And hopefully make it in time for Baby C’s birth a couple of weeks after that! We’ll be doing that traveling back and forth routine until November.
In the meantime, we will be renting out the house here in Cedar City to a bunch of boys from Monticello.
Whew! I’m not big on long, wordy posts. And here I have one of my own. I think I’m done.
Happy Saturday everyone!
And I love him!!!
5 comments:
It'll be ok. Just remember that Heavenly Father is in control, and all things are for your good. and let people help you. That was/is the hardest thing for me. But crutches really are tough stuff, let others help you!! In the meantime, well I don't know. I stink at coming up with stuff to do when you can't walk. But, I will pray for you! You're amazing!
Kyle is one amazing man! Let him pamper you for now someday it will be turned around.
I will come relive Kyle for a couple of days and play with you Anna.
I'm so glad you are well taken care of. It is hard and so limiting but it is also eye opening in other ways. Watch for the blessings, they keep coming.
You can't help but give huge props to Kyle's mother for teaching him so well:) and his dad for being such a huge example of service:) I'm so glad your being taken care of. Wish I were closer to help...or maybe just hang out:) Love you.
Such a great couple. Me and the T's will come help pack and provide distraction.
Post a Comment