Friday, June 25, 2010

Yankee Doodle

I’m listening to Kyle do P90X in the next room. Oh how I wish I could join him. And from the way Reggie is watching him intently, I’d say he wants to join as well!

I’ve been thinking a lot about my job lately. I really miss it. I even have dreams about my babies and kiddos on the Pediatric floor. And I wake up in the middle of the night crying because I miss them so.

Then I saw a blog today where photos were taken of a delivery at my hospital. Like everything from her name and blood band on her wrist to the equipment being used to the nurses and even the doc was so familiar to me, yet sort of just a memory to me these days. Tearing up again…

So I try to focus on the future and the responsibilities and changes that lie there as well as think about all the good times. Like this past week for example!

IMG_0969 IMG_0970

The female part of the Kennington clan down in the southern part of the state went to Winger’s. We had no problem polishing off a gigantic piece of asphalt pie after we had already stuffed ourselves with our meal. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that 2 of us are pregnant?

Yesterday we fished all day long at Yankee Reservoir. I out fished Kyle by one fish. And I only caught one fish… Anna-1. Kyle-0.

IMG_0975 IMG_0973

See that small dot out in the lake? We can’t ever keep Reggie out of water when it’s around. He’s a water dog through and through. Makes for tough fishing!

IMG_0979

We got bored of not reeling in any fish so we changed locations to Panguitch Lake where we sat nearby 2 old best friend geezers and listened to them one up each other all afternoon. Final fishing score: Anna-1. Kyle-1.

Dinner with the Applegate’s followed. Yummy root beer pulled pork burritos hit just the spot after a long day of fishing.

IMG_0983

Chellese and I exchanged pictures of our recent trips. She got back from a week in Paris just as we were leaving for Mexico.

IMG_0984

Tonight Kyle is taking me to St. George. We are going to a wedding reception, having dinner with some friends and I’m gathering up the guts to clean out my locker at work. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I quit teaching when I was 5 1/2 months pregnant with Lexie and even though I wanted to be a stay at home mom more than anything, I was SO emotional over quitting my job. The day I left my school for the last time I bawled the entire drive home and I called Danny and just sobbed. He couldn't understand why I was so upset...I think the pregnancy hormones made the change harder than it already was. I still have days that I really miss it and get emotional. Anyway, I feel for ya...just remember that good things (like motherhood!) lie ahead!!

Elise said...

Good luck Ann, i'm sorry you miss it so. You sure are a cute pregnant lady though, with a cute boot :) Love you, glad you got skunked fishing too :) JK

Kobe Family said...

your such a cute prego! Stay well hydrated when you go out or you could start contracting! I can't count how many ladies I've had come in contracting and sent home with a big jug of water to nurse! Can't wait to see that little peanut! Enjoy your time off from work now because it comes back all too fast!