I wish I was posting about our 4th of July. It is my favorite holiday of the whole year after all! However, because we weren’t sure if we would be moving into our home (yeah, we FINALLY closed!) during the weekend or not, we didn’t make any plans for the holiday. So here in Cedar we stayed.
We did BBQ with 3 different groups of friends 3 nights in a row, though. You’d think we’d get sick of it, but nope! And just for the record, Cedar City’s fireworks are pretty lame compared to the small town spectacular Kyle & I are both used to.
Oh well, it’s not like an 8 month pregnant lady hobbling around on crutches would have had too much fun anyway, right? That’s what I tell myself for solace over missing my hometown 4th of July that I love. Our company that night of the fireworks, however, was unparalleled. Thanks to Russ & AuB and Cody & Brittney.
We have been playing a lot, though. Heck, with both of us pretty much unemployed (not completely, though), we have lots of time on our hands to spend precious time together before the ‘Big Split.’
So we had dinner with my good friend Kate and her man the other night.
Just a little about her… We talk all the time. But we’ve only seen each other twice (this was the 2nd meeting). She is SO California and big city, and I am so NOT. Kate wore her same clothes – even pants, ladies – during her whole pregnancy with her little guy. Me? I’ve been wearing maternity stuff since I was about 14 weeks along.
We get along so well, though. Just a day after her little guy was born, he got very sick and was hospitalized on the Peds floor for a long time. Therefore, I was the little man’s nurse. And that’s how we met. This is sooo against the rules to have relationships with patients and families. But hey, friendships happen! I know a nurse who met her husband in the ER when he took in one of his children. So turn me in…
Last week I was able to party on with my girlfriends in Cedar. I was clearly ‘showered’ with fun little boy gifts as shown below.
…And here’s the marvelous ladies Chellese and Kari who pulled it all together. I don’t know about them, but I had a blast.
PS, did anyone else SWEAT profusely during their pregnancies?! Holy Moly I seem to do that a lot lately!
We played a game where everyone guessed how big around my belly was. I’m proud to say that everyone over-guessed, and I was like 4 inches less than the lowest guess. I believe I was 38.5 inches. WHOA.
Kari had interviewed Kyle beforehand and asked him all kinds of baby questions. I had to guess what his answers would be. If I guessed wrong, yup, I had to chew a piece of gum. I did have a large wad by the end.
And now the actual footage of the questions.
Love his trademark wink at the end. Makes my heart flutter every time!
6 comments:
Way cute post. That video was sweet. The end what he said about you? How sweet of him! I am excited for you guys. Parenthood is the best. I know you've mentioned this in a previous post, but where did you buy a house?? Congrats!
you guys have been having alot of fun! i dont think that it should be against the rules to make friends! dumb rule, and i would have broke it too! i am also glad that you two get to spend so much time together before he leaves. you will both be gratefull for that. cute video too. cant wait to see pics of the little guy!
That video was the sweetest thing ever. He is too cute! (I can say that right?!) I can't wait for you to hold your new little one...he'll be here before you know it! Good luck! Love ya
I and the twins really enjoyed Big Kyle's interview. Twin Kyle says he'd like to say that he doubts that you will have 11 kids for a football team because they won't be the same age. Mark says he's excited to be Cason's first coach on how to eat mush properly and play Mario Cart (?)
i loved the video! silly cousin, almost made me cry. such a good boy! well, see ya all tomorrow.
Oh kyle :) Looks fun, he's going to be a good daddy. I keep forgetting that little cason has a name already! I bet its fun to refer to him as that huh :) Good talking to you today!
Post a Comment