Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Late Summer

Wow! The response from the last post was unbelievable! Thanks to all you moms and friends for the encouragement and advice on the ‘plagues of pregnancy.’ I LOVE YOU ALL!

You know what else I love? This time of year. The end of summer, first of fall. I love the change of seasons. I love that I live in a place where there are 4 very distinct seasons. Autumn is becoming my favorite more and more every year. The change of seasons, especially this one, makes me want to redecorate everything. I have changed out my mom’s spring/early summer decor of lilacs and greenery to bright sunflowers and vivid red and green apples. I also have kept a fresh bouquet of sunflowers on the table in a blue tinted Mason jar and it makes me smile every time we sit down to eat.

And the garden veggies? They are so yummy. I can’t get enough of them. I take that back. I think I’ve had my fill of Swiss Chard. It does weird things to my…

ANYWAY. Yesterday two of my co-workers from the hospital in St. George came all the way to Manti to visit me! We had homemade Cafe Rio sweet pulled pork salads and homemade vanilla ice cream. I had so much fun with them. It was good for my soul to reconnect with my old work family. I miss them and I miss my job. But one of these days, I am going to have the job title ‘MOM.’ That’s what people keep assuring me of at least. It WILL happen one of these days. No one has ever stayed pregnant forever. Although I would have to beg to differ. I once saw a National Geographic episode of an 80yr old woman in some African country that still had a fetus inside of her. But as I’m googling that, I’m not finding any info. That may not be legit. Scratch that. Maybe you really can’t be pregnant forever.

Yesterday’s doc appt was a little more fun than all the others lately. I am still not dilated or effaced even a little bit, but I did get to have an ultrasound and non stress test due to the little guy’s sudden decrease in movement. The u/s put his due date as yesterday. Awesome. The 18 week u/s put his date as today. Well, hello and goodbye to that possibility! Looks like he’ll really be a Sept. baby. The NST showed irregular contractions, lots of uterine irritability and a healthy baby!

Even though the estimated weight of a baby this far along on u/s is super inaccurate, I thought it was interesting that they estimated Baby C to be 8lb 11oz! He is a tank. And he has a mullet. Nice tufts of hair at the base of his neck clearly identifiable on u/s. He’s gonna be a bruiser, comin’ out ready to party! One of these days…

This past weekend was the fair. I love fair time! On Saturday we did fair all day. I thought for sure I’d go into labor from all the activity and heat. No such luck. The horse pull and rodeo are past favorites, and this year proved to be the same.

On another attempt to go into labor (Kyle’s idea. I kid you not, he is way more anxious for this little guy than I am!), Kyle had me hike the looooong steep stairs at the temple. I was still smiling at the top! Kyle was the one struggling. He was still pretty sore from the conditioning he did at POST.

IMG_1080

And I managed to escape coming down them with no mishaps. It would be near impossible for anyone to suffer injury on their way down the temple steps these days – what with the new bright yellow ‘caution’ strips painted on the bottom steps. And this is just a guess, but probably placed there as a result of yours truly!

Look how HUGE my belly is! Isn’t that amazing?! And not to brag, but  not one single stretch mark to show for it. :)

9 comments:

Tara Mogle said...

you go girl! no stretch marks is definitely something to brag about....i too am part of the club and i gained my fair share of weight too!! you look great and i can't wait for you to be a mom! And rest assured you can't be pregnant forever. bring on the baby. bring on the baby. bring on the baby!

Anonymous said...

You look great Anna! I'm so jealous about the no stretch marks thing. You should see my stomach. After having two boys... literally it looks like lightening all the way around my stomach and back. Crazy... so count your blessings and I sure hope your little one comes soon for your sake :D! (I love your positive attitude!)

Alex and Necia Bess :) said...

I'm jealous that they got to see you and I didnt! I just want you to have your baby already so I can see him! I hope you and Kyle are doing well. I miss you!

Anonymous said...

Get that guy here already! I can't believe I didn't even see you at the fair. Hang in there! He'll be here before you know it and you'll look back and be like, "He was really inside of me?" It's just so crazy. I'm so excited for you! Nice job on the stretch marks! I was lucky, too. And then he was born..and they all showed up. Boo. I'm not saying that will happen to you, I'm just sayin'.. Also, Dane was 8lbs. 4 oz. and it was not big deal. Plus, the chubbier, te cuter! But he'll probably be like 6 lbs..haha. Anyway, hopefully your next post will be a picture of that little guy! (Sorry that this comment is all over hte place)

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous that you don't have stretch marks! Oh and I love it that Kyle thinks that you can do something to make Baby C come out:) Hee hee! If only, if only......

BALLS said...

you look so good. i cant believe you dont have stretch marks. what is you secret?? i am glad that the baby is doing good. he really will be here before you know it!

Mary said...

He'll be here before you know it. And someday he'll look at this blog and go, "Wow. Mom did all that for me?"

I hope I fare as well in the stretch mark category. Probably shouldn't count on that though. . .

Bluebird & Company said...

Wow! you look so great Anna!
I will be checking your blog often to hear the good baby news...SOON!
guess what, I still get cravings for Don's in Manti every once in a while. sniff sniff.....but KFC cooks a pretty good chicken fried steak too I have found out. :)

Heather and Parley said...

You are such a cute pregnant lady! YOu look great!