So the twins started school yesterday. Me and Reggie bummed around all day in the quiet empty house. Reggie kept wandering into the twins room and their playroom downstairs, just in case they had magically appeared. It's a little lonely around here without those hooligans.
The Dr. apt yesterday was yet again pretty uneventful. Except for the weight gain. Chalk it up for hitting the 50+ lbs mark. Fifty pounds people!!! No wonder my body has become as Kyle puts it 'broke down.' The weirdest most random things have happened to me this pregnancy. Allow me to elaborate...
-Over the blessed weekend I got to spend with Kyle, I woke up one morning with my jaw all locked up! Yeah, like really STUCK! Makes it super hard to shove food in there! It's only beginning to loosen up now.
-Remember when I broke my leg?
-Although THIS was preexisting, it has been exacerbated by all this extra weight on my front.
-Around the 20 week mark, THIS started to manifest itself. Lucky me got to join that 1% of women affected with it. Oh.My.Heavens. Can you say chicken pox all over again?! No wonder 'Plague of Pregnancy' is in the name.
-Then there's the insomnia, heartburn and edema.
-And as of an unfortunate event of yesterday, a major flare up of THIS.
Sometimes I feel like I spaz out just like Kramer.
Don't get me wrong, however! I do not feel ‘plagued’ by these conditions (most of the time!) I know that it's all so worth it. I'd go through this and more to get our little guy into this world and our family. We are so anxious to meet him!
And my body can grow babies, and I think that is SO COOL!
15 comments:
bless your heart. what else can i say, you have definitely had your share of pregnancy woes!!!
i sure hope baby makes a grand appearance so you can get back to feeling more like yourself!! oh, the joys!!!!
love ya
Like you said and know, it is all worth it...most definitely! I still feel how worth it it is every single day when I get to hold and squish and squeeze and kiss and snuggle my chubby 5-month-old and laugh hysterically at my crazy 3-year-old. You will love it all.
Eventually and gradually you will start to go back to your normal self. Then you will forget all of the woes and someday do it all over again. Miraculous, I'd say. :)
ah kramer, reminds me of spokane and watching that entire series!
I'm excited to meet your little guy too, you better not quit blogging when you're a mom and have other more important things to do!
It really is so worth it! Some parts aren't so fun, but definitely worth it. You will be a fantastic mom. He is so lucky to be coming to you and your hubby.
I can tell you all about the Plague of Pregnancy, I also joined that 1% and the ONLY thing that helped my itchy body was Aveeno Oatmeal Bath, it was a miracle worker. Hope you are well. I also know how you feel in a quite home town home, my two little brothers also began school, so it's Me Taya and Mom home during the days. We'll have to come see you guys. Miss ya. Love Maridee
I am laughing my head off at that video, thats what I looked like at work when my co-workers were always telling me not to itch. I would dance around like a holigan to help with the itchies. Oh I feel for you Anna it and I'm here to tell you that it will get better, just hang in their. I cried alot the third triimester when I had the lovely Pupps. Your strong I know you are. But I feel bad that you have the Pupps and then all the other stuff. I can't wait to meet the little guy too.
so sorry Anna:(, but (I guess) yeah:)
oh my i think you just scared me into never having a baby! wow i did not know all of those things could happen! i hope that your little guy gets here soon and your start feeling better!
You sure handle things well and always smile. I would never have known the odd discomforts you have endured. Thanks for being a good example.
sounds like things to look forward to??? I'm so sorry! sounds like no fun.
I don't know if you remember me, but I'm Kyle's cousin. Anyway, I know you're almost finished with your pregnancy, so this might not be so helpful this time around but maybe it will help with your next pregnancy if you have the same problems.
I got a horribly itchy rash my when I was about 16 weeks and I found the
PUPPP relief soap at www.rainiersoapworks.com after trying everything else and it made my rash completely disappear. It was seriously a lifesaver. Anyway, just a thought :)
Can't wait for your little guy to come!
Anna, you're the best prego girl I've ever met. Hang in there....and enjoy every bowl of granola you were talking about...i think my mouth watered.
you poor thing. Although hitting the 50 lb mark aint so bad. I've done it 4 times now! Now worries, it'll (well, most of it) wash away pretty fast! :)
And being able to grow babies is an amazing gift. I love your upbeat attitude. It's going to stand you in good stead through the coming parenting years! It helps too, to have a good example in your amazing mother. You just hang in there love, you're going to be fabulous mom.
Oh man, I'm so sorry pregnancy has been so rough :( you are an amazing woman Anna, and you're going to be the most fantastic mother! I can't wait to meet the little man :)
Post a Comment